British Speedway Forum
Petecc

Birmingham v Edinburgh ko cup

My attendance at this is dependent upon me finding a petrol station in Wolverhampton that sells some unleaded petrol!

12 minutes ago, zlata prilba said:

Dillon Ruml in for Castagna and Dan Giles replaces Jason Edwards

Really what's the reason mate? This is why people stop going to speedway.

• Like 1

BIRMINGHAM’S task of overhauling Edinburgh tonight has just been made even harder.

Fans’ favourite Paco Castagna has been ruled out with illness and will be replaced by American ace Dillon Ruml.

Already 18-points down from the first leg heading into the deciding leg of the Knockout Cup tie with Edinburgh, boss Laurence Rogers admits Castagna’s absence is a big blow.

He said: "Paco rang me to say he had bad flu symptoms and was confined to bed.

"It's a massive shame he'll miss this one because he has been piling up the points for us at reserve, especially at Perry Barr.

"We thank Dillon Ruml for stepping in - he rode really, really well for Plymouth not so long back and we're confident he can come in and do a job for the Brummies tonight."

Edinburgh have also been forced into a change of guest at reserve with Dan Gilkes now standing in for Jason Edwards.

If Birmingham fail to win by more than 18-points tonight will be the last meeting of the season – and possibly forever unless new owners are found to take over the club from outgoing duo Peter and David Mason.

• Thanks 1

Dillon Ruml was Plymouth's best rider on their visit to PB.

8 minutes ago, Col said:

Dillon Ruml was Plymouth's best rider on their visit to PB.

He's a better rider than Paco !

But there's no way B'ham will win by more than 8 points, let alone 18!

It's about time Riss stood up to be counted!

Shanes also needs to raise his game.

2 hours ago, Col said:

My attendance at this is dependent upon me finding a petrol station in Wolverhampton that sells some unleaded petrol!

And you will need a full tank if M6 J10 is performing to its usual low standards!

46 minutes ago, Lefty said:

And you will need a full tank if M6 J10 is performing to its usual low standards!

It was OK last week, the evening closures stopped on 17th September I believe.  But it was shut all weekend.  If I know the M6 J10 is bad I can go M5 & Black Country Route home, yes it's slower but it's far from disastrous.

3 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

BIRMINGHAM’S task of overhauling Edinburgh tonight has just been made even harder.

Fans’ favourite Paco Castagna has been ruled out with illness and will be replaced by American ace Dillon Ruml.

Already 18-points down from the first leg heading into the deciding leg of the Knockout Cup tie with Edinburgh, boss Laurence Rogers admits Castagna’s absence is a big blow.

He said: "Paco rang me to say he had bad flu symptoms and was confined to bed.

"It's a massive shame he'll miss this one because he has been piling up the points for us at reserve, especially at Perry Barr.

"We thank Dillon Ruml for stepping in - he rode really, really well for Plymouth not so long back and we're confident he can come in and do a job for the Brummies tonight."

Edinburgh have also been forced into a change of guest at reserve with Dan Gilkes now standing in for Jason Edwards.

If Birmingham fail to win by more than 18-points tonight will be the last meeting of the season – and possibly forever unless new owners are found to take over the club from outgoing duo Peter and David Mason.

Another 2nd rate rider just taking the P#SS out of British Speedway,comes and goes as he pleases.

53 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Another 2nd rate rider just taking the P#SS out of British Speedway,comes and goes as he pleases.

Could be worried about getting paid?

Heading over for what looks like being Birmingham's final ever meeting.  Lots of great memories and pleased to have the chance to say goodbye unlike at Coventry. Only 2 pages of comments for any potential investor speaks volumes. Unfortunately it's another nail in British Speedway's Coffin :( 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

He's a better rider than Paco !

But there's no way B'ham will win by more than 8 points, let alone 18!

It's about time Riss stood up to be counted!

Shanes also needs to raise his game. 

You leave agent Riss alone. :)

Edited by JanAndersen