British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

SoN 2021 who are your picks for team GB?

Do you go with the 2 GP boys or does Dan have to be included. For me, I'd go with Dan and Tai. I feel Dan has done enough both in the UK and Poland to get the nod. He has been incredible at the NSS lately (more so than the norm!)... And who would be the pick for u-21? I'm obviously an Aces fan but again, hard to look past Tom Brennan, home track and GB u-21 champ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

Easy - Tai, Dan & Brennan. 

same for as well tai dan and tom .lets have one of the top two riders ride in this country 

Edited by ray c

How daft is that under-21 rule?

Has to be a close call between Bewley and Lambert. Bewley has the NSS knowledge but Lambert has more international meeting experience. 

• Like 1

People saying who would partner Tai.Why not Lambert and Bewley,just a thought they are the future.Would be good experience for them going forward.It's a tough call,but i expect Tai and either Lambert and Bewley.

29 minutes ago, tellboy said:

People saying who would partner Tai.Why not Lambert and Bewley,just a thought they are the future.Would be good experience for them going forward.It's a tough call,but i expect Tai and either Lambert and Bewley.

This has crossed my mind, maybe Tai would step aside and have the weekend off. If he rides you have to pick Bewley because of where it is, anywhere else (apart from perhaps Wroclaw) and it would be Lambert. 

Whichever two get the nod we have a great chance.

I would go with Lambet rather than Bewley. Bewley rides the track every week but phil morris will be doing the track so it will be different to normal.

Phil Morris has made a mess of too many GP tracks this year. Was he in charge in 2016 for the world team at BV in 2016 - Friday night was a mess, too heavy, Saturday night someone else must have been in charge as the racing was good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Phil Morris has made a mess of too many GP tracks this year. Was he in charge in 2016 for the world team at BV in 2016 - Friday night was a mess, too heavy, Saturday night someone else must have been in charge as the racing was good.

Agree track prep has been poor for GP’s .When you see the racing from mainly the same sets of riders in League matches you have to question what is the difference and the only answer is track prep IMO.It’s obvious that it’s overwater in the intervals ,it’s just coming good after the 4 heats in the block when they come out and flood it again. Very poor spectacle for fans.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Grachan said:

How daft is that under-21 rule?

Very daft. With the strength at u21 level that Poland has, if they get their team selection right they have the trump card.

On 10/1/2021 at 10:46 PM, Ace no.5 said:

Do you go with the 2 GP boys or does Dan have to be included. For me, I'd go with Dan and Tai. I feel Dan has done enough both in the UK and Poland to get the nod. He has been incredible at the NSS lately (more so than the norm!)... And who would be the pick for u-21? I'm obviously an Aces fan but again, hard to look past Tom Brennan, home track and GB u-21 champ.

Totally agree. 

Woffinden, Bewley, Brennan. 

Lambert as proven his ability in the heat of battle with avin won the SEC and riding well in Poland and GPs. 

But Tai rides with Dan in Wroclaw and as guided Dan's progression in Poland. They know each other inside out on the track and in the pits. 

Dan also as superior track knowledge at the NSS where he holds the track record. Recent form around there with his maximums make his pick a no brainer. 

Tom Brennan is the British Under 21 champion and a Belle Vue rider with his performances getting better and better in the Premiership. Again no brainer. 

Tai, well he's Britain's best ever rider a 3x World Champion. May not be avin the best of seasons but is still a cut above anyone else that we have. He's a true leader and when the going gets tough who better to lead the way. The captain.  

C'MON GB :t:

• Like 1