British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Giacomelli said:

I was wondering the same about pre meeting entertainment and fanzone, has anyone seen/heard anything about it?

Fanzone in usual place , city hall lawn, monster rig riot, autograph sessions etc 10-15:30

Edited by topaz325

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Fanzone in usual place , city hall lawn, monster rig riot, autograph sessions etc 10-15:30

So everything is at City Hall Lawn from 10am?

Can't help but think that if they told you what was going on months in advance regarding other events, celebraties attending etc, that fans could be attracted long ago rather than 4 days before the event and nobody really knows anything. 

But then again, it wouldn't be speedway would it... 

• Like 1

I hope the crowd holds up this year , I’ve just got a feeling it will be noticeably down, I just don’t see or feel the buzz around speedway for it and everyone seems to say no I’ll watch it on TV , I do feel it’s time for a change of venue, maybe up in the north east somewhere ,anything to get that buzz back 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

13 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I hope the crowd holds up this year , I’ve just got a feeling it will be noticeably down, I just don’t see or feel the buzz around speedway for it and everyone seems to say no I’ll watch it on TV , I do feel it’s time for a change of venue, maybe up in the north east somewhere ,anything to get that buzz back 

Also the ticket fiasco won,t have helped matters.

• Like 1

Silverstone only attracted 41,000 for Sundays MotoGP/2/3, down from about 80,000 last year. A few weeks earlier F1 got a full house. So bike racing crowd was down, down a lot. The racing is close, so is it the “Valentino Rossi retired syndrome” or something else. £90 entry on Sunday + £30 parking….. could be a put off, but it’s never cheap at MotoGP races. Maybe public are bracing themselves for the energy price rises coming in the next few months. So will be interesting what the crowds are like at Cardiff.  Maybe speedway missed the opportunity to attract a younger generation some 20-30 years ago. That generation would now have kids of there own to bring along, but seems that the chance was missed or mis-managed. 

To the Dean Machine….. where in the north east would you suggest is capable of holding a GP, taking into account the costs, venue suitability and anticipated crowd needed.

13 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Silverstone only attracted 41,000 for Sundays MotoGP/2/3, down from about 80,000 last year. A few weeks earlier F1 got a full house. So bike racing crowd was down, down a lot. The racing is close, so is it the “Valentino Rossi retired syndrome” or something else. £90 entry on Sunday + £30 parking….. could be a put off, but it’s never cheap at MotoGP races. Maybe public are bracing themselves for the energy price rises coming in the next few months. So will be interesting what the crowds are like at Cardiff.  Maybe speedway missed the opportunity to attract a younger generation some 20-30 years ago. That generation would now have kids of there own to bring along, but seems that the chance was missed or mis-managed. 

To the Dean Machine….. where in the north east would you suggest is capable of holding a GP, taking into account the costs, venue suitability and anticipated crowd needed.

Lack of a Brit to support didn't help matters.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Apart from the roof most football stadiums could be used, the track is on a false floor in Cardiff and other venues like Warsaw so putting a track in shouldn’t be an issue, if willing let’s say Newcastle United , to hire the stadium will surely be the same or even less than cardiff , nitro circus is at a stadium in Glasgow, if the stadium has a full size football pitch then it’s big enough for speedway 

still thinking they'll struggle to get 30,000 on saturday, probably around the 23k mark, i've heard advanced sales are the worst ever for Cardiff

How many will be staying to watch the SON2 on the Sun ??? 

2 minutes ago, Hackett said:

Me :) it might be a bit quiet but ill get a seat.

6 minutes ago, Hackett said:

Me and 3 mates, going to sit in seats by start line for free against over £100 for GP :D

11 minutes ago, Hackett said:

From a fans point of view I think GP2 a bit of a non starter but for me this is speedway all over, they trying to make it a competitor sport like Motox which at heart it isn’t , but hey it’s free, the reality check will be when they charge to watch it 

6 minutes ago, Neila said:

Me and 3 mates, going to sit in seats by start line for free against over £100 for GP :D

How do you work that out when for TV purposes only the back  will be open  :)

Gp2 could be interesting with the likes of tom Brenen and Ben brasso who seem to be on top of the game at the moment