British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

SGP 2 starts at 1pm on the Sunday and is free to the GP ticket holders.

Yes seems decent value two for one.

Tickets on sale because they have a promoter- and who would have thought

The event is set to reunite fans from across the UK and around the world and Paul Bellamy, chairman of Sidetrack Ltd, which runs the FIM British Speedway GP on behalf of Discovery Sports Events, can’t wait to see bikes roar back into the iconic Principality Stadium. "

Edit

SIDETRACK LTD

Company number 13627643

Edited by racers and royals

21 hours ago, racers and royals said:

The event is set to reunite fans from across the UK and around the world and Paul Bellamy, chairman of Sidetrack Ltd, which runs the FIM British Speedway GP on behalf of Discovery Sports Events, can’t wait to see bikes roar back into the iconic Principality Stadium. "

Edit

SIDETRACK LTD

Company number 13627643

Not sure if I like Sunday seats being unreserved, first come first served it seems,  that could be interesting if lots of fans decide to do the whole weekend.  Personally I think it would be better if you have the same seat both days but as Sunday is free if you went Saturday I suppose I shouldn't complain.  Anyway got my tickets, booked my hotel just hope a stupid virus doesn't rear up and spoil it all.

40 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Not sure if I like Sunday seats being unreserved, first come first served it seems,  that could be interesting if lots of fans decide to do the whole weekend.  Personally I think it would be better if you have the same seat both days but as Sunday is free if you went Saturday I suppose I shouldn't complain.  Anyway got my tickets, booked my hotel just hope a stupid virus doesn't rear up and spoil it all.

Might cause a few arguments on Sunday, that’s my seat , sod off !!

• Haha 1

For GP would be a crowd of 40000 ish but for GP2 would be surprised if 5000 turned up even if tickets included in  price, a lot of people won't be staying in Cardiff and many who do stay will want to get home for work on Monday especially if you have a fair distance to travel. I'm staying over then flying back north on Monday, flights half the price of petrol to travel down, and no 6+ hours of driving

5 minutes ago, Neila said:

For GP would be a crowd of 40000 ish but for GP2 would be surprised if 5000 turned up even if tickets included in  price, a lot of people won't be staying in Cardiff and many who do stay will want to get home for work on Monday especially if you have a fair distance to travel. I'm staying over then flying back north on Monday, flights half the price of petrol to travel down, and no 6+ hours of driving

I guess that's why they have scheduled the GP2 event for 1pm...to still give a reasonable amount of time to travel home after the event.

Having said that, I am sure you are right and the attendance on the Sunday will be well down on the Saturday...A large number of those attending the Saturday don't stay overnight in the local area, which was why the Saturday event was moved to an earlier time a few years ago, to let people get home at a more reasonable time.

Those people aren't going to travel back to Cardiff again for a GP2 meeting, I wouldn't have thought. 

On 1/27/2022 at 6:14 PM, racers and royals said:

Edit

SIDETRACK LTD

Company number 13627643

Very interesting that it's a new Paul Bellamy company that is running the show for them.

I wonder if this was put out to tender or if they just asked him if he could organise it? 

If the event is no longer being organised by the series promoters, you would think that the BSPL would have wanted to take back control of this major event in the UK...

• Like 2

Anyone know if the Friday qualifying practice is open to spectators and if so, does your GP ticket get you into that as well?

11 hours ago, HenryW said:

Very interesting that it's a new Paul Bellamy company that is running the show for them.

I wonder if this was put out to tender or if they just asked him if he could organise it? 

If the event is no longer being organised by the series promoters, you would think that the BSPL would have wanted to take back control of this major event in the UK...

Henry i agree it`s interesting. I haven`t seen anything to suggest Paul has left IMG- conflict of interests ? I just wonder if DSE are the "real" promoters and he is a front for them. 

Maybe got to have someone who has previous knowledge of running events at Cardiff then eventually discovery will take over ?

18 hours ago, Neila said:

Agree. We're staying in the city centre but we've got to get back for the kids & work the next day. 

I've booked tickets for 5 of us, accommodation booked for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's a great weekend of which the speedway is only a part, can't wait.

• Like 1

Group of 6, usually stay Friday and Saturday but doing Saturday and Sunday this year makes sense with a meeting in the city and with most of our group either retired or working part time, it’s not really a problem .

On 1/27/2022 at 1:14 PM, TINYS said:

Tickets for Cardiff are on sale :cheers:

And mugs will pay for them.  Bin it and get it into Belle Vue 

• Like 1