British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Having read all the last contributions...

We must all have it wrong...

It's all about the racing surely??:D

Young Dan Bewley won, a great kid, truly in that group of exciting GB riders that come along once in a generation, but it seems "its the racing what really counts"... 

"Dribble. Dribble. 100,000 more fans would watch next week in the UK if the racing was good at Cardiff. Blur. Blur. Dribble. Dribble. etc etc etc"....

Dan Bewley won...

Cardiff will never add many fans to UK Speedway, but it definitely wont take any away, regardless of the racing...

And once more...

Dan Bewley won..

Let's just celebrate that...

Oh I am certainly celebrating.

Dan's achievement is remarkable in that he won despite me having bet on him. It's normally the kiss of death for a rider as I've never had a winner before.

Unfortunately I wasn't there this year to see it as my grandson wanted to go to football instead but Dan paid for my day, and some :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Unfortunately I wasn't there this year to see it as my grandson wanted to go to football instead but Dan paid for my day, and some :t:

After his second heat win, I asked if anyone had had their money on him?

The last few weeks, his improvement has been amazing, and I really had a feeling. For me, it wasn't that he won; it was the WAY he won!

2 hours ago, chunky said:

After his second heat win, I asked if anyone had had their money on him?

The last few weeks, his improvement has been amazing, and I really had a feeling. For me, it wasn't that he won; it was the WAY he won!

I had a strong feeling it was going to be his night too.

I stayed away from the result as I was in Manchester till Sunday so couldn't watch it till I got home. My daughter messaged me Saturday and asked me if I wanted her to put a bet on for me as it's my one wager of the year. When I got home she asked if I'd seen the result so I suspected he'd come through for me but as you say, the WAY he won. Wow! Conditions catching out far more experienced riders but he nailed it. 

Yep, Dan is impressive. His gating this year has improved immensely, and it needed to as his experience of coming from the back needs adding to at the very top level, that will be fulfilled in the next 2 or 3 years. Then, if he can keep away from serious injury, he could be multi world champion just like Woffy and Smarzlik.

Just when i thought all the problems i had with getting my online tickets was over i go into a bookies to have a bet on Doyley only to find it's online betting only, for heavens sake what's wrong with taking my tenner over the counter and giving me a slip of paper. Well it's their loss because i now don't wager a tenner every year anymore i spend it in the pub. They can stick technology where the sun don't shine.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TINYS said:

Just when i thought all the problems i had with getting my online tickets was over i go into a bookies to have a bet on Doyley only to find it's online betting only, for heavens sake what's wrong with taking my tenner over the counter and giving me a slip of paper. Well it's their loss because i now don't wager a tenner every year anymore i spend it in the pub. They can stick technology where the sun don't shine.

I used the machine in Ladbrooks , easy to use and understand I don’t bet usually, oh and won £45 on Dan.

• Like 1

Just wondering what all the kids starting out in the sport think about all the negativity regarding the  Cardiff GP.

I can't believe there isn't one young British rider who hasn't dreamt about riding in Cardiff in a GP (and perhaps the Polish Extraliga as well) The Stadium has a "wow" factor about it which Belle Vue (and no other Stadium in the UK) despite being one of the best racetracks in the world sadly doesn't. 

By all means have a 2nd British GP elsewhere but leave Cardiff alone. 

• Like 4

Having had a few days to reflect, what an absolute shower of $hite. Cardiff is a great social occasion but what was served up in the stadium was absolutely dire compared to past years.

No pre event entertainment? they've had bands, singers, tribute acts and all sorts in the stadium before. The Viking Clap was a massive embarrassment , Amarillo played twice and announced as the first time was poor, nothing for Nigel when they had hours to kill during track grading, the painful legends section where they should have all been sent out together instead of filling 15 mins with it, 2 interviews with Top Gears Chris Harris where he said exactly the same, Ellis announced at the tapes after he'd been on the big screen pulling out of the meeting. That's with out the suicidal track and the booing of Leon for pointing it out and the list goes on.......

If this is meant to be an improved product I'd like to no how. 20k crowd at the most and doubt it will be bigger in 2023, we are definitely no longer the flagship GP.

As they say in Dragon's Den for 2023 "I'm Out" better off having friends round for a bbq and trying to bear watching it on the tv.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TINYS said:

If it was not technology you would not be posting on here, now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Yes and he certainly wouldn`t have got there with coach and horses :D

Why ? There are no highwaymen or rampaging Indians at the border, are there ?

28 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Why ? There are no highwaymen or rampaging Indians at the border, are there ?

Whoa! That um heap not PC statement!