British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, davidba said:

I'm sure I'm in a minority of one, but I can't make the GP but want to come to the U21 meeting on the Sunday. Are there tickets available just for the Sunday?

Probably loads not bothering with the Sunday - someone may meet up with you Sunday morning to give your their ticket? 

11 hours ago, Noodles said:

Probably loads not bothering with the Sunday - someone may meet up with you Sunday morning to give your their ticket? 

No physical tickets for Cardiff all on an app on your phone !!! Gonna be fun and games when more people realise 

So... its free to get in? but you can't get in! Speedway Marketing reaches another low. Will you get a re-admission ticket if its called off after two heats? Enjoy :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, Neila said:

No physical tickets for Cardiff all on an app on your phone !!! Gonna be fun and games when more people realise 

Ah yes, I forgot to about that! 

2 hours ago, Neila said:

apps :mad:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Is there an alternative for people who don't use smart phones ?

As I don't have a smart phone,  I won't/can't go. So with my wife and grandson that is three less on the attendance figures. Stupid idea. Would be interesting to see how many of us old un's who do not do modern technology don't bother going.

Edited by ElmParkRG2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ElmParkRG2 said:

As I don't have a smart phone,  I won't/can't go. So with my wife and grandson that is three less on the attendance figures. Stupid idea. Would be interesting to see how many of us old un's who do not do modern technology don't bother going.

Agreed, it is a stupid idea.

If what I saw last night at Old Trafford, it isn't just the 'old uns' who don't do modern technology, and Manchester United at least acknowledged the smartphones part of it.

I bought a ticket for the FA Youth Cup and it arrived by email.

The email was encouraging me to download my ticket into my digital wallet and produce it at the turnstiles on my smartphone.

There was though the option to print at home for 'those fans who do not possess a smartphone'. 

A good job there was that option too. Looking at those in the block where I sat, there were as many folks of all ages clutching printed tickets as there were holding a smartphone as they located their seats.

19 minutes ago, ElmParkRG2 said:

I would think it's quite a few, i,m going this year so will be interesting to see what the attendance is.

Every ticket I've had for various events has had the option of printing out. Also if you save to Drive I'm sure it gives you the option to printout.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Every ticket I've had for various events has had the option of printing out. Also if you save to Drive I'm sure it gives you the option to printout.

Looking here: FIM Speedway GP 2022 Ticketing Information - Help Centre (principalitystadium.wales) it would seem that the only option you have is on a phone app. If you don't have that, I guess you need to go to the ticket office upon arrival.

What happens if I lose my phone prior to the event?

Please visit the WRU Ticket Office which is located between gates 3 & 4 of Principality Stadium on Westgate Street. 

What happens if my phone battery dies before the event?

Please visit the WRU Ticket Office which is located between gates 3 & 4 of Principality Stadium on Westgate Street. 

It seems that this is a Principality Stadium thing rather than a Speedway GP organisers thing.

Welsh Rugby Union | Wales & Regions | Digital Ticketing (wru.wales)

On 5/12/2022 at 4:06 PM, GregoryM said:

Agreed, it is a stupid idea.

If what I saw last night at Old Trafford, it isn't just the 'old uns' who don't do modern technology, and Manchester United at least acknowledged the smartphones part of it.

I bought a ticket for the FA Youth Cup and it arrived by email.

The email was encouraging me to download my ticket into my digital wallet and produce it at the turnstiles on my smartphone.

There was though the option to print at home for 'those fans who do not possess a smartphone'. 

A good job there was that option too. Looking at those in the block where I sat, there were as many folks of all ages clutching printed tickets as there were holding a smartphone as they located their seats.

Makes total sense..  

Phones can break or have no battery charge or get nicked or lost...

"My ticket was on my phone. Honest!" Might not get you in..:D

2 hours ago, CB252 said:

Should we be worried that the Speedway GB fixtures page for August is reporting that Cardiff is cancelled? 

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/calendar/august-2022/

Its been put back now.  Either someone messed up big time when updating the website, or there was a suggestion on twitter that it had been hacked

Does anyone have any idea why Friday Qualifying is not open to public this year? It might not be the most thrilling spectacle, but interesting from a Speedway nerd perspective! Shame can't get in, was a nice start to the weekend last time!