British Speedway Forum

Sorry too hear of his passing today of his injuries sustained last weekend 

Edited by zlata prilba
  • Sad 1

So sad, had a catch up with big al 2 days before his accident, we chatted about speedway and crashing as I had one myself a few days before, I knew how bad his injuries were but somehow held the hope that he would pull through, a lovely bloke who was motorcycles through and through and had some great stories from his career that we listened to up the man cave over a brew, a very humble man, a great loss. R.I.P my friend 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

So sad, had a catch up with big al 2 days before his accident, we chatted about speedway and crashing as I had one myself a few days before, I knew how bad his injuries were but somehow held the hope that he would pull through, a lovely bloke who was motorcycles through and through and had some great stories from his career that we listened to up the man cave over a brew, a very humble man, a great loss. R.I.P my friend 

Indeed I knew the whole family it must be hard to his Dad Archie whose 90 years old with Pratty yesterday the bad news just keeps coming. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A sad weekend for British speedway, RIP Big Al

Like his old boss Colin Pratt who passed away in the last couple of days Alan Grahame was a long term, top level, great servant to speedway in a racing career that lasted from the early 70's to the late 90's, even overcoming serious illness in the mid 80's to keep going. Probably one of the very few riders who would have rode League speedway on two valve and laydown machines which gives an indication of his longevity. I'll remember him for gaining countless numbers of points through sheer determination when it didn't seem possible.

Very unfortunate way to go but Alan led a very active and successful life in his time. 

Sad to hear, his loyalty to Cradley was second to none

• Like 1

awful news. A racer right up to the end.

Such a shame.  'Born Again Teenager' Big Alan Grahame was one of the original Hull Vikings at our resurrection in 1995 til 1998 and was very popular indeed at Craven Park.  Sympathies to the Grahame family, RIP Big Al....

Edited by martinmauger
grammar
  • Like 1

Sad news indeed although not totally unexpected having read the extent of his issues following the recent crash

Probably underrated by many due to the depth of talent during his time

RIP Alan - thoughts with family and friends

Dreadful news. I always had a lot of respect for him as a rider, the epitome of a sportsman who gave everything for the team.

RIP

Very sad news. I always had the greatest respect for him as a rider when he used to come to the old Hyde Road. A great rider, but a greater person.

RIP