British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

GB V Poland - Tuesday 19 October 2021 - Ashfield, Glasgow

1 minute ago, SharpenRake said:

GB Speedway Team's Global Challenge is coming to Ashfield as Great Britain take on Poland in an official 6-man team Test Match! 
Featuring both countries full Speedway of Nations squads!

Glasgow Tigers Speedway | Facebook

That could be decent.

Great! A relatively meaningless 'test match' when Glasgow's opponents in play-offs and KO Cup are still awaiting fixture dates!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

When is the GB squad for the SON going to be announced!!

I imagine Tai, Rob and Dan are all nailed on and Tom as the under 21? But who is going to be in Manchester out of Rob and Dan? Personally I'd go with Dan

Good for speedway in this country 

will a tv company take it i wonder or just  be streamed 

13 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

When is the GB squad for the SON going to be announced!!

I imagine Tai, Rob and Dan are all nailed on and Tom as the under 21? But who is going to be in Manchester out of Rob and Dan? Personally I'd go with Dan

The 3 riders have to be given to the FIM 6 days before the 1st event

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Great! A relatively meaningless 'test match' when Glasgow's opponents in play-offs and KO Cup are still awaiting fixture dates!!!!

Who are Glasgow meeting in the playoffs? They are still waiting to find out who their opponents will be! Similarly they have been waiting since the summer to find out their semi final ko Cup opponents thanks to Birmingham cancelling their fixture with Edinburgh at short notice. Finally the GB meeting is being held on a night that is not their normal or alternative race night. Get a life! 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

The 3 riders have to be given to the FIM 6 days before the 1st event

So basically, they have to be announced at some point this week...

Just now, Diamonds85 said:

So basically, they have to be announced at some point this week...

Event is not this Weekend- so expect an announcement from the FIM around a week today !!!

Considering Glasgow could still have four home matches to race and winter weather coming surely this meeting is a bit pointless.

I'm sure Tigers' fans would rather see their team especially when things could get expensive?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Event is not this Weekend- so expect an announcement from the FIM around a week today !!!

Yes, I mean presumably the announcement will need to be made before Sunday 10th i.e. 6 days before the event... So some point during the course of this week, the squads may be announced? Apologise if I misworded what I meant :)

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

Considering Glasgow could still have four home matches to race and winter weather coming surely this meeting is a bit pointless.

I'm sure Tigers' fans would rather see their team especially when things could get expensive?

Fine then... Send Bartosz Zmarzlik down to Brough :D I'm sure many of us Newcastle fans would pay triple to see him just once... I'd love to see how he managed to get around our tight bends :rofl:

14 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Yes, I mean presumably the announcement will need to be made before Sunday 10th i.e. 6 days before the event... So some point during the course of this week, the squads may be announced? Apologise if I misworded what I meant :)

Teams are not allowed to announce their riders individually - they are submitted to the FIM who then announce them via a press release after the deadline- hence me saying don`t expect to hear anything until a week today.

17 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Fine then... Send Bartosz Zmarzlik down to Brough :D I'm sure many of us Newcastle fans would pay triple to see him just once... I'd love to see how he managed to get around our tight bends :rofl:

He's meant to be pretty good at moto-x too so I'm sure he'd handle bRough Park fine

Hey if a test match there ensured your continuation I'd be down in a flash.