Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

GB V Poland - Tuesday 19 October 2021 - Ashfield, Glasgow

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

same with GPs and SoN, just use a VPN and watch through GP website youtube link, no going back to the studio etc and get more rider interviews

Yep get everything for free and then wonder why it's not there anymore - great strategy by true speedway fans :(

• Like 4

10 hours ago, uk_martin said:

So anyone connected to a VPN connects to a Polish server to fool the streaming source into granting you access for free.....and if someone isn't connected to a VPN, free links to foreign streaming services will be provided in the usual way, via that International World of Speedway section of this forum, eh?  That's one hell of a risky strategy.

The % of punters having VPN’s is small in the great big picture. It’s no different to all the sport on TV being streamed in this modern age. The only seemingly secure is the Swedish matches - other than the main match that i watch through my Fanseat subscription- these don’t appear anywhere to my knowledge.

• Like 1

This will be streamed on Tigers TV Nigel Pearson on Commentary,

The chances of this going ahead don’t look bright.Thunder and lightning forecast on tue evening in the 7 day weather on BBC.

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

The chances of this going ahead don’t look bright.Thunder and lightning forecast on tue evening in the 7 day weather on BBC.

The weather forecast has been different every day for the last 7 days and at one point was getting better but as you say the current one isn't looking good. Then again we waited until lunchtime one Friday but ultimately felt obliged to cancel a match due to a horrendous forecast and it proved to be totally wrong. I believe covers will be used and they will do everything to get it on. 

5 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

I believe covers will be used and they will do everything to get it on. 

They will certainly do everything they can to get the meeting on, but I got the impression from a comment from one of the track staff on Facebook that they don't think covers will make any real difference (but yes, they are using them).

4 hours ago, Bavarian said:

Who will replace Woffy, if he is unable to ride? Cook?

I'll be a bit disappointed if Woffy doesn't make it although it looks like that'll be the case. Would have been good to see him vs Bartosz.

3 hours ago, Noelinho said:

They will certainly do everything they can to get the meeting on, but I got the impression from a comment from one of the track staff on Facebook that they don't think covers will make any real difference (but yes, they are using them).

If it keeps the track dry till Tue and the heavy rain doesn’t come it might make the difference.

20 hours ago, Bavarian said:

Well he does have Team GB kevlars and a little knowledge of the track :)

20 hours ago, Bavarian said:

There’s more chance of Ben or Zach than Craig,and they’re Aussie.:D

Can we get Bang as a guest?

Looks the business.