British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

GB V Poland - Tuesday 19 October 2021 - Ashfield, Glasgow

50 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

The weather for Glasgow all day tomorrow is terrible. It will be amazing if the match is on, and if it is it could be follow the leader.

Read the thread it has been Postponed till Wed

Edited by Fromafar

7 hours ago, eric i said:

What sort of covers have Glasgow got, are they custom made for the track shape or are they a few old bin liners?

Think they are covers Edinburgh used to have.

45 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Think they are covers Edinburgh used to have.

So in other words, total quality. 

Have a slight recollection that a few years ago in the Glasgow programme, they thanked Ronnie Anderson for providing the use of track covers he had purchased from the BSPA, at short notice

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Read the thread it has been Postponed till Wed

I think I posted just before Dave Jones did.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I think I posted just before Dave Jones did.

It was on long before DJones Post though.

8 hours ago, cyclone said:

Have a slight recollection that a few years ago in the Glasgow programme, they thanked Ronnie Anderson for providing the use of track covers he had purchased from the BSPA, at short notice

They did and they are same covers.

Just to say that the trains will be running as normal tomorrow from Glasgow Queen Street (upper level) to Ashfield (ironically the planned strike for today was cancelled)

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 12:52 PM, racers and royals said:

No idea - you can translate what i read on the PZM site as well as i can. Don’t forget that the PZM were almost certainly involved in the  negotiations    for the Polish national team riding in the match and TV/ internet would have been part of the discussion.( match is not on Polish TV schedule).

Is there any more info on this from PZM R&R? Seems to have gone quiet. 

25 minutes ago, stewmac said:

Is there any more info on this from PZM R&R? Seems to have gone quiet. 

No- i checked the PZM and Sportowefakty websites earlier- one thing i do know is that  the Poles will not pay the ZL equivalent of £15 to watch it !!!- they will say stick it !!!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No- i checked the PZM and Sportowefakty websites earlier- one thing i do know is that  the Poles will not pay the ZL equivalent of £15 to watch it !!!- they will say stick it !!!!

You can't blame them, I'm not enticed at that price either.. 

3 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

You can't blame them, I'm not enticed at that price either.. 

What if they offered you £15 to watch it? Of course they would need your bank details. 

49 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

That's a pity, does that mean you won't be able to watch it for free? 

Well I have paid £15 to watch it. 
I suspect it’s cheaper then paying to see “live”, and as I live 200 miles away I can sit in my comfy chair as well.

Supporters on here say British Speedway is not worth paying £20 to see 15 minutes of “entertainment”.     
So what would they pay to see top class world champions…. I counting 7 (maybe more) between the two teams.. that is including under 21, team/pairs, individual. £15 too much.!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1