British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

GB V Poland - Tuesday 19 October 2021 - Ashfield, Glasgow

4 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

No, just checked and it's £14.99 !

Maybe it will cost less if you have a Z in your name.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

16 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

No, just checked and it's £14.99 !

Cphx is not in  GB

Edited by racers and royals

5 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I was looking forward to getting the stream for this but for me £15 is too much money.  Redcar have it spot on for a tenner. 

Yeah I'd pay a tenner, seems fair.

26 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I was looking forward to getting the stream for this but for me £15 is too much money.  Redcar have it spot on for a tenner. 

What’s on at Redcar, and who is riding?

Considering Glasgow fans have 3 meetings of interest in 3 consecutive days (and possibly another two next week) you would think a little consideration of costs would be in order?

Lower prices would surely translate to a greater income from all geographical areas.

Edinburgh fans have it tough too with 4 possible meeting in 4 days

Edited by cinderfella

18 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

What a joke from Glasgow! Discriminating against their own! Foreigners get it for 1/3 of the price of us how the hell is that fair 

This fixture is not stage by the Glasgow Promotion,don’t think they have anything to do with pricing arrangements.

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

This fixture is not stage by the Glasgow Promotion,don’t think they have anything to do with pricing arrangements.

Good point. Was going to say the streaming for their league ones were £11.99 I believe. So this one was always going to be more than that. So am not surprised by the pricing. 

I think it’s good value. If this was at Birmingham it’s still cheaper than the wear and tear on my car getting there.

Does anyone know if the stream is only shown live, or can you watch a replay tomorrow, say?

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

Does anyone know if the stream is only shown live, or can you watch a replay tomorrow, say?

I already paid the £15, I was ok for watching Tuesday night, but not tonight.         
I emailed Monday night when the decision to cancel was made asking the same question.    
Not had an answer yet.  I have looked through the terms & conditions but didn’t see specific mention.

I think £15 if fair for a meeting with 7 world champions in it, many riders travelling from Poland, so there are expenses, and of course top riders will want good money to ride.        
I reckon all those that ride in Poland are getting paid a lot less then they would in Poland. And if aGlasgow speedway does earn a few quid from this event then good on them. Their big reward may be the GP Challenge some time soon, and again, they will need money to do that.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Who is promoting it?