British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

GB V Poland - Tuesday 19 October 2021 - Ashfield, Glasgow

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I was looking forward to getting the stream for this but for me £15 is too much money.  Redcar have it spot on for a tenner. 

When are Poland riding at Redcar do you not think that this meeting is costing the Glasgow promotion more than it costs Redcar to put on a CL meeting 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, snapper said:

When are Poland riding at Redcar do you not think that this meeting is costing the Glasgow promotion more than it costs Redcar to put on a CL meeting 

I’m not saying a championship meeting is worth the same as a international but for a live stream IMO that’s more than I’m prepared to pay.  
many others may find it more than acceptable but for me it’s a no. 

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

Does anyone know if the stream is only shown live, or can you watch a replay tomorrow, say?

They answered this yesterday I think and yes, it can be watched afterwards but only until a certain date - it's on Glasgow's website FAQs.

The stream doesn't really interest me but that's not because of the price - although I do think it a little steep when I got BT sport for a month for that with more than one meeting.

Edited by SPEEDY69

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Who is promoting it?

Is it not the GB speedway Team,same as they arranged the Test Match against Denmark last year.That was my impression.

Edited by Fromafar

I'm an inexperienced streamer, for those who watch on a smart TV do you use an app to view or the telly's browser? I'm having difficulty with the browser to use the Tigers TV website. 

7 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

They answered this yesterday I think and yes, it can be watched afterwards but only until a certain date - it's on Glasgow's website FAQs.

The stream doesn't really interest me but that's not because of the price - although I do think it a little steep when I got BT sport for a month for that with more than one meeting.

Thank you. I did just find the relevant information on the Glasgow website.......

TEST MATCH – FAQS
October 19, 2021
Tomorrow sees us host one of the biggest ties to ever take place in Glasgow and we can’t wait to welcome you all to Ashfield for what is sure to be an incredible night!

Naturally, we have been inundated with messages and questions and whilst we are trying our best to answer them all, we thought we’d provide this article to cover the most popular questions we’ve had. This is also a page you can send to anyone who you know who is looking for clarity on any of the points below.

How can I buy tickets? Will they be available on the gate?
Ticket sales have been incredible so far and you can buy tickets online here. The seated section of the stadium has already sold out but there are still some general admission (standing) tickets available online. If there are any remaining tickets left over, then tickets will be sold on the gate. We would advise to avoid disappointment, booking online.

Is there a stream?
Yes! We didn’t post any news about the stream as we were exploring a few options but we are delighted to confirm that the match will be streamed live via TigersTV. It will be available in both English and Polish. The English stream will feature Nigel Pearson, Stephen Craigan and Michael Max. The Polish stream will be covered by Tomasz Lorek.

I want to watch the stream but can’t watch it live, can I watch on catch-up?
Yes you can. The match will be available from an hour or so after the match has finished to watch on catch-up and can be watched until Monday 25th at 9AM.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, snapper said:

i thought the Glasgow promotion had nothing to do with this meeting , apart from using   cashfields grounds

1 hour ago, jenga said:

i thought the Glasgow promotion had nothing to do with this meeting , apart from using   cashfields grounds

This applies to everyone not just Jenga. What does it matter, you either want to watch the match live, via the stream or delayed stream, and pay the ticket price or you don't. If you do, great and I hope you enjoy it. If you don't, fine, just stop complaining.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jenga said:

I saw Smarzlik and Janowski on twitter with Glasgow Tigers scarves. I then assumed it was Glasgow promoting it.

Fingers crossed its on lot of effort gone into staging it.

Edited by Endeavour
Addition

44 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

This applies to everyone not just Jenga. What does it matter, you either want to watch the match live, via the stream or delayed stream, and pay the ticket price or you don't. If you do, great and I hope you enjoy it. If you don't, fine, just stop complaining.

i am not complaining about ticket/streaming prices . i was just picking up on a post saying Glasgow had noting to do with it , apart from giving them a track to race on . 

i have bought  streams before fra Glasgow . it will be a night to remember tho . T/R  must be worried !

7 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I was looking forward to getting the stream for this but for me £15 is too much money.  Redcar have it spot on for a tenner. 

And I thought it was the Scots who had supposed to be canny :lol:

I wonder if there will be many Scots there cheering on "Great Britain" :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, bruno said:

Thought it started at 6.30

No, 7:30. Rain has passed and clear skies for a while now. It looks like we should be OK.