British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

GB V Poland - Tuesday 19 October 2021 - Ashfield, Glasgow

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

100% Agree.Just unlucky with the last crash or the meeting would probably got to the end.

Thanks for clarification.

hopefully same speed by referee tonight if on. No extended interval.

Wee match on at Ibrox tonight. Don’t want caught up in traffic after match.

9 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Wouldn't it be interesting if there was a speedway equivalent of the Champions League?

Poland's champions Wroclaw riding against Britain's champions would be a very close affair over two legs.

There was one a few years back, seems to have fizzles out into nothing, whether that was to do with Covid or not I don't know. Weren't Poole and/or Eastbourne involved?

Did the GB Speedway team parade the SoN trophy around to the fans?

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

No

That's disappointing. I don't know why British Speedway stuggles with fan engagement so much... surely would have been an obvious thing to do.

2 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the time for heat 6 last night please? Thanks in advance.

Heat 6 - 58.39s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

There was one a few years back, seems to have fizzles out into nothing, whether that was to do with Covid or not I don't know. Weren't Poole and/or Eastbourne involved?

There was a European League mooted years before Covid, and it was Poole that were entertaining the idea in the UK, but it never got off the ground.

31 minutes ago, Neila said:

Don't know why people are complaining about paying £15 for the stream, you either pay or don't,

4 of us traveled up from Workington, probably at a cost  of £50 each by the time you paid admission,program food and petrol thoroughly enjoyed the racing, we could have paid for the stream and sat at home, but watching speedway on the terraces is miles better

Exactly you don’t have to watch it.

Any news on the injured riders.?

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Exactly you don’t have to watch it.

Any news on the injured riders.?

I believe both Adam Ellis and Dominic Kubica have dislocated shoulders.

Wishing them a speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

There was a European League mooted years before Covid, and it was Poole that were entertaining the idea in the UK, but it never got off the ground.

One big issue was that all riders wanted to get paid at Polish Extraliga rates which simply could not be afforded in every country.  Aside from that you also had the problem of Riders in more than one team! Who gets priority etc?

Edited by Skidder1

4 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the time for heat 6 last night please? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Did the GB Speedway team parade the SoN trophy around to the fans?

To be fair, they might have been planning to after the meeting, but obviously didn't get a chance to because of how it finished.

It was a bit of a shame though.

• Like 1

Watched the stream last night.  

The stream was very good (although I knew that, already had two from Glasgow this year), while some good racing on display. A real pity about the big crash in Heat 13 and hope the shoulder injuries aren't too bad.

Could someone in attendance confirm why there was such a long gap between Heat 8 and Heat 9? It seemed strange to have such a long gap at this point, with the rain on its way. Although I think by the time they'd have sorted out the injury riders from Heat 13, there wouldn't have been a chance to hold the final three races before the rain, even without the extended gap between 8 and 9.

Edited by lucifer sam