British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

GB V Poland - Tuesday 19 October 2021 - Ashfield, Glasgow

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

So assuming it's six man teams, what would GB's strongest side be?

Woffinden 

Lambert

Bewley

Ellis

Cook

King

They've said it will include the SON squad's so expect Tai, Lambert, Bewley, Brennan, and another u21. 

1 minute ago, Noodles said:

They've said it will include the SON squad's so expect Tai, Lambert, Bewley, Brennan, and another u21. 

Ah cheers, so perhaps 7 or 8 man teams with U21's as reserves.

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

Too far to go, but would definitely pay for a stream if no TV coverage..

Well done Glasgow...

Let's hope for no 'cry offs' and the best half dozen from both nations attend...

Could be a cracking night..

Too far? It's not too far for Scot's to travel to Manchester for big meetings.

• Like 1

Cant understand why someone would put a meeting on with top riders so a big crowd will watch .. you needs them !

38 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Ah cheers, so perhaps 7 or 8 man teams with U21's as reserves.

If you read the original link it is 6 man teams featuring the GB and Polish SoN squads. So as others have posted The GB squad is likely to be Woffinden, Lambert, Bewley ( 2 of whom will be used in the Belle Vue meetings) and two U21's , one of whom will make the team at Belle Vue, probably Tom Brennan. The 6th rider will presumably be someone like Adam Ellis.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

If you read the original link it is 6 man teams featuring the GB and Polish SoN squads. So as others have posted The GB squad is likely to be Woffinden, Lambert, Bewley ( 2 of whom will be used in the Belle Vue meetings) and two U21's , one of whom will make the team at Belle Vue, probably Tom Brennan. The 6th rider will presumably be someone like Adam Ellis.

6 man teams...the 5 SoN squad members from each Nation, so 1 rider needed on each side.
What are the chances that it'll be Glasgow riders added? Cook for GB and Nowak for Poland?

• Like 2

Is there an "official" Test Match race format? Back in the day when they were regular fixtures on the calendar they always used to be 8 man teams riding over 18 heats

What is the crowd limit for Ashfield?  Will proof of double vaccine be required, as required by Scottish Government? 

Just got my ticket. Should be great - the GB vs Australia Test a couple of years ago was certainly worth it. I only hope the weather is better - the last Test match was a June meeting!

2 minutes ago, edmon said:

What is the crowd limit for Ashfield?  Will proof of double vaccine be required, as required by Scottish Government? 

Glasgow put this on Facebook. There has to be more than 4k in attendence for the passports

image.png.763e4f4f7743de1e8d08c7c3bbfa6399.png

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Yep, if I'd read it properly in the first place I'd have seen that  :oops:

14 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Too far? It's not too far for Scot's to travel to Manchester for big meetings.

400 plus miles there and back in October?

With only a 50/50 chance of meetings taking place this month I would say if the past couple if weeks are anything to go by..

Going to the SON both days and that is a ten mile round trip.

And that gives me doubts... :D

• Like 1

I would have thought an earlier start time of 6pm or 6:30pm would have been better for most people.

• Confused 2