British Speedway Forum

With the demise of Eastbourne there will be no British Speedway for me and family apart from British SGP and British Final. What is the easiest way to get to Torun for the SGP ??? 

8 hours ago, Hackett said:

With the demise of Eastbourne there will be no British Speedway for me and family apart from British SGP and British Final. What is the easiest way to get to Torun for the SGP ??? 

By aeroplane. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hackett said:

When we went this year we went to Bydgoszcz and then got the train to Torun. The train was only about £3 for 2 people and very easy to navigate. 

On 10/4/2021 at 6:49 PM, par_darrell said:

A lot don’t become available until at least 11 months in advance

Don’t panic yet 

In fact 80% already sold out..was there last week

On 11/2/2021 at 12:24 PM, spiegal said:

In fact 80% already sold out..was there last week

Indeed it does so

it seems in fact I had trouble securing our rooms due to a large travel agent trying to block book the hotel we usually stay in.

I hope it’s not the one that charges £60 per night single supplement for a room that usually sells for £20 irrespective of how many are in it ???

• Sad 1

Website now live. Tickets for both events successfully purchased with visa credit card, but as usual you’re never confident everything has worked until you’ve printed them off. Helps to have Google translate handy for the bits of the process that are in Polish.

At one point you are asked the option of collect in person, or home delivery. No print at home option. I clicked collect in person, but later in the process got an email (one of five) to say I could print the ticket from my account on the website. Sure enough the ticket was there, but when you print it is very basic with no fancy graphics, just your seat details and two small QR codes.

Thanks to R&R for the early advice of tickets going on sale.

Edited by Tactical Joker

All sorted for Torun & can't wait. Haven't been for a fair few years & love the place. 

Treated ourselves to home straight tickets this year. We've always had 1st or 2nd bend , either lower or upper tier before which were great anyway. These cost  almost 3 x as much as the bends  . Will be interested to see if they are worth the extra money. 

Left it way too late this year and booked it on a whim last week - flights to Gdansk was the only option - is there a recommended route to get to Torun? It looks like a couple of buses or maybe a direct train is the best option but advice would be appreciated. Cannot wait.

Looks like there is a direct train a few times a day - first class is very affordable in Poland so if available would recommend it for a long journey. 

5 hours ago, JCookie said:

Left it way too late this year and booked it on a whim last week - flights to Gdansk was the only option - is there a recommended route to get to Torun? It looks like a couple of buses or maybe a direct train is the best option but advice would be appreciated. Cannot wait.

What time / day do you arrive in Gdansk? I can then advise train times.