British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Definately talked as though was already in the GP next year.

A year out would probably give him the kick up the arse he needs, a criticism of the series Id have is that riders for too long have been able to dine out on past years performances rather than how they have performed that year, or their energy drink sponsor affiliation...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

A year out would probably give him the kick up the arse he needs, a criticism of the series Id have is that riders for too long have been able to dine out on past years performances rather than how they have performed that year, or their energy drink sponsor affiliation...

Agree,they are still top riders but living on reputation.It’s a closed shop IMO for some.There has to be a different Qualification system if you are not in the Top6.If Woffy ,Doyle and others make it through fair play to them.

• Like 2

If riders want to guarantee they get the best chance for a Wildcard, they should do the WC Qualifiers, no excuse really, it would also significantly nullify the chances of a no hoper making it through to the GP via the challege.

• Like 1

A year out the GP's might give Woffinden a wake up but who knows, certainly won't happen he's too much of a "draw".  Shame Janowski finished top 6, he is well on his way to taking the title of best rider to never win a world title from Leigh Adams  It's a shame he's more interested in increasing his teenage girl social media following than being a world title contender.

After a year out Sayfutdinov & Laguta may not be the riders they were.  I'd heard a rumour Sayfutdinov was thinking about retiring.

A year out the GP series racing at tracks out in the wilderness to gain a place in the GP series would certainly focus the mind and answer a few questions for those questioning whether they really want it anymore. No rider should just be allowed to coast along when its supposed to be best of the best

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Col said:

A year out the GP's might give Woffinden a wake up but who knows, certainly won't happen he's too much of a "draw".  Shame Janowski finished top 6, he is well on his way to taking the title of best rider to never win a world title from Leigh Adams  It's a shame he's more interested in increasing his teenage girl social media following than being a world title contender.

After a year out Sayfutdinov & Laguta may not be the riders they were.  I'd heard a rumour Sayfutdinov was thinking about retiring.

Pretty sure Laguta would finish 2nd next year minimum next year. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 7:50 PM, mikebv said:

Doyle wiped him out...:D

But apart from that...

Unlucky Doylie...

dudek tried to cut back doyle already there. he is locking up coming out of bend. not doyles fault.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I don’t believe you were watching just to see a screen showing the final results. Foremost I was watching the racing.

You sound like me...

10 minutes ago, DazS said:

dudek tried to cut back doyle already there. he is locking up coming out of bend. not doyles fault.

That’s how I saw it too.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Though there was some decent racing last night .Dampness in the track probably helped.

Woryna v Holder was the highlight.

On 10/2/2022 at 10:28 AM, Star Lady said:

Regarding Woffinden getting a wild card, with 2 Brits already qualified I’d say the odds are against it.

Monster Joe won't let Tai miss out. 

If you go back and check most of the WCs in the past there is definitely a disproportionate affect of being a Monster rider. In the sense that hardly any riders are picked because they are Monster riders.