Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Anyone know what's happening with josh auty ,a good servant to scunthorpe has he retired?

I have seen him a few times in the pits at Scunny so I’m not sure will just have to see wouldn’t surprise me if he all of a sudden gets announced for next year because I was aware he had so personal issues that he has now sorted 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Allen 

Mountain 

Ellis 

Kasper Andersen 

Douglas 

Palin 

Gilkes 

Its easy, 5 from last season drop Theo and Tero replace with Josh Auty and Jake Allen. Sorted as long as the figures fit.

• Like 1

Can’t see Dougy been back at the EWR but in Tero and Theo’s absence I’m hoping minimum change to be fair , Ellis will be on a cracking average so if possible let’s sign him up . Rumours circulating that TJ is Redcar bound is possible now that Jake has become a Scunny asset as Iron Scorpion has stated what happens to the rising stars ?? 
I will go on been 2 young guns in each side so hear goes 

Adam Ellis ,Jordan Palin,Dan Gilkes Connor Mountain ,Jake Allen ,Simon Lambert 
Stevie  Worrall

1 hour ago, archie21 said:

Its easy, 5 from last season drop Theo and Tero replace with Josh Auty and Jake Allen. Sorted as long as the figures fit.

Big no to Auty 

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2021 at 8:42 PM, archie21 said:

That is normally what Rob does, not many changes.

No idea what averages are and points limit ,but here is my team.  Probably not going to happen but dream on. Firstly massive clear out of current team with only two ,who deserve to stay.

Allen

Pickering

Jorgenson

Nicol

Mountain

Kemp

Palin

6 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

No idea what averages are and points limit ,but here is my team.  Probably not going to happen but dream on. Firstly massive clear out of current team with only two ,who deserve to stay.

Allen

Pickering

Jorgenson

Nicol

Mountain

Kemp

Palin

Yeah I agree this team would be amazing and fit well with want I think the average figure will be only I think Simon Lambert will be back however if we are going to win the league we need riders that can ride everywhere !

32 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Yeah I agree this team would be amazing and fit well with want I think the average figure will be only I think Simon Lambert will be back however if we are going to win the league we need riders that can ride everywhere !

Lambert has had his day , maybe a good captain, but not a good prospect if we have real ambition next season.

15 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Lambert has had his day , maybe a good captain, but not a good prospect if we have real ambition next season.

I completely agree if we are gonna win the league we have to be brutal 

9 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Allen, Lambo, Broc Nicol, Adam, Tommy, Drew Kemp and Jordie would do just nicely for me

Wouldn't have Tommy or Adam they miss to many meetings for one reason or another . 

39 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Allen, Lambo, Broc Nicol, Adam, Tommy, Drew Kemp and Jordie would do just nicely for me

For me I wouldn’t have Adam just because I don’t think he wants to be there and will get offered better deals elsewhere now it’s the close season and managers can build teams from scratch 

So next October will be 10 years since we last had a league title - good times! knowing the prospective lineup of the Scorpions of 2022, it's looking to be something special, without spilling too many beans!

6 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

So next October will be 10 years since we last had a league title - good times! knowing the prospective lineup of the Scorpions of 2022, it's looking to be something special, without spilling too many beans!

Come on ! Any idea when we find out ?

1 hour ago, Ryan555 said:

Come on ! Any idea when we find out ?

If all promoters agree to what they've discussed - then i'd presume after the agm