British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

58 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Oh dear......

This may be his year Fozzie and if our other res is all singing and dancing it could be a clever use of points 

On 11/14/2021 at 5:54 PM, Fozzie4388 said:

It wouldn't be a Scunthorpe thread without Ryan Kinsley getting a mention. He proved last year with Redcar he's not good enough for Championship level move on for God sake. 

Oh dear

1 hour ago, Ian68 said:

Oh dear

I don’t know why everyone is so negative about him everyone has to have lower point riders and I think with Scunny as his home track he will do fine 

Edited by Ryan555

Personally think it's a decent signing and a good use of the points available as stated earlier. Team in my opinion is built to win at home which it will.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I don’t know why everyone is so negative about him everyone has to have lower point riders and I think with Scunny as his home track he will do fine 

I think Ryan will do ok my oh dear was aimed at fozzies post as he obviously didn't want scunny to sign him

He certainly looked at home on a bike,just never really had pace. Who do we think will reserve with him. I think someone like Zain’s Kennedy then if we re-sign lambo they can swop n change. 

Edited by mossy666
  • Like 2

Kinsley willl score some useful points at home on a low average but predictably will be poor away. It’s not too much of an issue though seeing as it looks like Rob is setting up to win home meetings and realistically if there’s a decent reserve next to him, he’ll only take 3 rides at away meetings anyway. So helps you to win at home and his score is nearly irrelevant away. 

• Like 1

Good signing, likeable lad, goes well round Scunny.  If the team is more or less as rumoured,  the only question mark left is whether its Aarnio or A.N.Other for 3rd heat leader spot.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 10:38 PM, eric i said:

R.Douglas

J.Allen

T.Aarnio

J.Palin

S.Lambet

Z.Kennedy

R.Kinsley

Looks likely this will be team now.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, eric i said:

You should get a prize for getting it right imo if it turns out correct, considering they have only announced one!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

8am as not to clash with Oxford's lol

Unless you get the SS early(pre 7am) through your letter box by News Team.

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Kinsley willl score some useful points at home on a low average but predictably will be poor away. It’s not too much of an issue though seeing as it looks like Rob is setting up to win home meetings and realistically if there’s a decent reserve next to him, he’ll only take 3 rides at away meetings anyway. So helps you to win at home and his score is nearly irrelevant away. 

It could also be a matter of riding order as, even though the announcement says he is no7, I would have him at 6 with ....... at no 7(strongest reserve) for the benefit of the team.

2 hours ago, eric i said:

If thats the team then 4/7 that were in my stab at the line-up are there. Douglas, Allen, Palin & Kennedy. Has anyone any idea what average Jordan Palin is on ? On the Green Sheets just says "fifth rider in the team" ? Does he have an official average for team purposes or does he keep Rising Star Ave from 2021 - but has to ride as the 5th rider (lets say his ave is 5.00+) 

I can see where Robs going with that team as Palin; Lambert & Kennedy could all interchange partner Kinsley at reserve. But to be fair I think it lacks a real third heat leader if Aarnio is back ? Lets assume Poole have King , Lawson & Steve Worrall . .I would not be confident we would win the big heats ? Even Oxford with Nicholls, Batch and Ellis (rumoured) would have the whip hand. 

Leicester set the bar for team construct in recent season and hate to say it but with this team Robs probably letting heart rule head again. Tommy Jorgensen would be far better bet than Tero Aarnio home or away. I always think Aarnio is 2-3 bad shows from us making a change ?. Then there was the visa issue last season ?. 

Great that we would have our own version of "the Turbo Twins" at the top end. Also great if the others can "step up" to back them but I'm thinking that theres too much inconsistency in these riders to make me think we will be pushing for the Championship medals in 2022. 

Edited by the outsider