British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

5 minutes ago, the outsider said:

Tell who we could get for that ? JASON CRUMP :o 6.93 !! Bloody hell

Douglas, Allen, Crump, Kennedy, Lambert, Palin, Kinsley ..little Australia. Ok Jasons had a few knocks last season but if we could keep him fit what a "marquee signing" he can still be. If he did one league with us. Wow ! 

Would Jason Crump score as well as if not better than Tero Aarnio..me thinks he would on balance.

Agree on all you say but I’m not sure we could afford him !

3 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Agree on all you say but I’m not sure we could afford him !

Agree that would be a good move. Is Simon Lambert nailed on,are there any up and comers at a slightly lower average that could give us the extra points to get a better 3rd heat leader. If our res hit the ground running with a strong top end pallin in the middle. Who knows

27 minutes ago, mossy666 said:

Agree that would be a good move. Is Simon Lambert nailed on,are there any up and comers at a slightly lower average that could give us the extra points to get a better 3rd heat leader. If our res hit the ground running with a strong top end pallin in the middle. Who knows

Yeah I think the team hitches on how Palin and Lambert start presuming they will be in the team as expected 

Edited by Ryan555

Home track, short track experience, good gaters, room for improvement

then look no further than Plymouth

H Andersen

E Kennett

M Palm Toft

B Barker

A Bowtell

D Gilkes

H Atkins

B Barker Newcastle no1 in 2021, Plymouth 2nd string in 2022

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Home track, short track experience, good gaters, room for improvement

then look no further than Plymouth

H Andersen

E Kennett

M Palm Toft

B Barker

A Bowtell

D Gilkes

H Atkins

B Barker Newcastle no1 in 2021, Plymouth 2nd string in 2022

Yea that looks a great squad

1 minute ago, mossy666 said:

Yea that looks a great squad

I think we have took a leaf out of scunthorpes book you are always very strong at home. 

If he performs round the ewr for us like he did for Leicester will make us strong at reserve at home . Good signing who could put a point on his average 

Yea pleased with that

2 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

If he performs round the ewr for us like he did for Leicester will make us strong at reserve at home . Good signing who could put a point on his average 

If that is the rumoured team, I personally have doubts. It puts a lot of pressure on Jordan in the main body of the team. Lambo has had years of mediocrity and will not improve and is suspect away. Which ever way you dress it up, Aarnio let us down big time last season. Visa issue or not, he was not that impressive when he did ride for us.  Personally ,if we aim to win at home Auty plus another, would be better option as second strings.

• Like 6