British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

17 minutes ago, mossy666 said:

That’s what I thought when I looked

On 2021 results ended up as Berwick Number 1 

13 minutes ago, Normski said:

On a ridiculous 5.87 average

Kasper Andersen was superb round Scunny last season and theres room for him to up his 5.87 average for sure. He can be the third heat leader we need.

Whereas Tero has flat lined for me and I dont think he can better his 6.61 average. As I have said he always seems 2-3 poor meeting from the axe. But I do accept hes very capable of putting in a big score. Inconsistent is the word I think. 

For me Douglas 7.74, Allen 7.72, Lambert 5.98, Andersen 5.87, Palin 5.69, Kennedy 5.00, Kinsley 3.00 = 41 

Leaves us one point under but not just Andersen can improve his average. Jordan & Zaine can up their numbers and I reckon both Ryan & Jake can push on with some big returns around the EWR. Certainly this line up would set us up nicely for the 2022 season. 

4 minutes ago, the outsider said:

Kasper Andersen was superb round Scunny last season and theres room for him to up his 5.87 average for sure. He can be the third heat leader we need.

Whereas Tero has flat lined for me and I dont think he can better his 6.61 average. As I have said he always seems 2-3 poor meeting from the axe. But I do accept hes very capable of putting in a big score. Inconsistent is the word I think. 

For me Douglas 7.74, Allen 7.72, Lambert 5.98, Andersen 5.87, Palin 5.69, Kennedy 5.00, Kinsley 3.00 = 41 

Leaves us one point under but not just Andersen can improve his average. Jordan & Zaine can up their numbers and I reckon both Ryan & Jake can push on with some big returns around the EWR. Certainly this line up would set us up nicely for the 2022 season. 

That does look better

1 hour ago, mossy666 said:

That does look better

Agreed looks better, although I would still bin Lambo off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Scunthorpe 2022?
Ryan Douglas (7.74)
Jake Allen (7.72)
Nikolaj B Jakobsen (6.34)
Simon Lambert (5.83)
Jordan Palin (5.69)
Zane Kennedy (5.00)
Ryan Kinsley (3.00)
Total (41.32)

6 ain’t bad good effort 

17 hours ago, the outsider said:

Averages don't lie but he had a 9 point home average coupled with a 3.5ish away average. If he can get near to his home form again & improve his away form close to his 2019 average of 6, then he is 1 rider who could improve his average. I expect him to ride at 3 or 4 with JP as his partner so if 1 kicks on, the other suffers, slightly.

JP next rider announced next Thursday?

10 hours ago, mossy666 said:

Simon out big Art in lol (Browning)

Might be busy assisting track work at Birmingham, if they run.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mossy666 said:

Don’t know why but I’m not convinced we are going to get both Jake and Ryan

We will know nearer Xmas for our surprise but as more teams reveal their riders, I guess we will know before then.

For this year, most teams seem reluctant to announce riders & with the merry-go-round of R Worrall & R Lawson changing teams after verbal agreement, it could be interesting up to Christmas & possibly beyond until contracts are signed in maybe February to March. We, also, could see the re-introduction of one or both of Birmingham & Kent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Might be busy assisting track work at Birmingham, if they run.

Is he still active within  speedway

16 hours ago, mossy666 said:

Is he still active within  speedway

Unlikely, he is 77 ... it is John Priest who will be helping with the track.

23 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Unlikely, he is 77 ... it is John Priest who will be helping with the track.

Yea I know. I didn’t quite mean the manual side