British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

3 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Don't come and watch them then 

Weird argument that… i generally come to watch depending on who the away team is anyway but Scunny are putting together a rotter of a team so far 

We don’t know costs or budgets. All we see is 1-7 teams and so put our opinions over. Don’t think it will stop people going or lessen the quality of the racing but with all teams in any sport there is scope to improve. 

9 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Weird argument that… i generally come to watch depending on who the away team is anyway but Scunny are putting together a rotter of a team so far 

It's not an argument it's a statement.  the team is a good one will win 95% of the home meetings and that's all that matters 

Let's just be happy we have speedway in scunthorpe there's teams,towns and cities that would love to swap places with us:t:

• Like 7

Thing is with Scunny, we always put out a team on a budget, meaning we're financially stable to continue year after year.. teams generally built to win home meetings, win at home keeps the large majority of your supporters happy.. Personally, pretty happpy with the team we've built and should go unbeaten at home

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

Some people wont be happy unless Auty gets resigned

Can 100% guarantee im not one of those people  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian68 said:

Let's just be happy we have speedway in scunthorpe there's teams,towns and cities that would love to swap places with us:t:

Amen. In Rob we trust

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, phillipsr said:

:o

On 12/3/2021 at 11:21 PM, phillipsr said:

you and your negative mate fozzy should pair up - two minuses usually make a plus - Support or go elsewhere

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

PhillipSR  and Fozzie the Eddie Wright Raceway will be a better place next season without you two there , I’ve never known so much negativity from two boring people .Scunthorpe run to a set budget every year and last season  when they paid more then they should have on a rider Adam Ellis it didn’t bring any trophies .
In very trying times Rob still puts out a competitive side and another plus point you never hear a Scunthorpe rider complaining of non payment or late payment from the promotion for the services 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don’t get the negativity, of the 3 signings announced so far, at least 2 will improve their average over the season. You need riders to improve their average to be in the running for trophies. 
Let’s see the remaining 4 before writing the team off. 

9 minutes ago, bez said:

I don’t get the negativity, of the 3 signings announced so far, at least 2 will improve their average over the season. You need riders to improve their average to be in the running for trophies. 
Let’s see the remaining 4 before writing the team off. 

No negative comments from genuine scunthorpe supporters just the usual drivel from those who don't want the club to succeed.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Whatever the team I will be there, even if we don’t have a Leicester City football club moment again as we did in 2012 , the racing is more important than trophies, at least we are not a laughing stock as in the 70’s, Up the Scorpions !

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

Whatever the team I will be there, even if we don’t have a Leicester City football club moment again as we did in 2012 , the racing is more important than trophies, at least we are not a laughing stock as in the 70’s, Up the Scorpions !

That's as I see it quality racing is paramount for me rather than the results 

• Like 3