British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

12 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

Whatever the team I will be there, even if we don’t have a Leicester City football club moment again as we did in 2012 , the racing is more important than trophies, at least we are not a laughing stock as in the 70’s, Up the Scorpions !

May of not been the best teams in the 70s and 80s but as a kid I was always gutted when it rained on a Monday and we missed our speedway  when it’s in your heart it stays there forever

• Like 1

Just now, phillwhitewasmad said:

That's as I see it quality racing is paramount for me rather than the results 

So true,you walk away gutted if we have dropped points but buzzing from the racing. Most weeks we are blessed with great racing. 

• Like 2

Thanks for everyone's kind regards :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm not quite sure where I've been critical of the Scorpions team this year or disagreed with anyone on anything apart from the Ryan Kinsley signing (hope he proves me wrong) for what it's worth in Kennedy and Palin you've got 2 riders which in my opinion will up their averages more then most.

Good Luck to them

Edited by Fozzie4388
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

PhillipSR  and Fozzie the Eddie Wright Raceway will be a better place next season without you two there , I’ve never known so much negativity from two boring people .Scunthorpe run to a set budget every year and last season  when they paid more then they should have on a rider Adam Ellis it didn’t bring any trophies .
In very trying times Rob still puts out a competitive side and another plus point you never hear a Scunthorpe rider complaining of non payment or late payment from the promotion for the services 

That'll get the fans through the door!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, JCookie said:

That'll get the fans through the door!

It does because the doors are still open .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mossy666 said:

So true,you walk away gutted if we have dropped points but buzzing from the racing. Most weeks we are blessed with great racing. 

That’s exactly how I feel as a Plymouth fan great post.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

PhillipSR  and Fozzie the Eddie Wright Raceway will be a better place next season without you two there , I’ve never known so much negativity from two boring people .Scunthorpe run to a set budget every year and last season  when they paid more then they should have on a rider Adam Ellis it didn’t bring any trophies .
In very trying times Rob still puts out a competitive side and another plus point you never hear a Scunthorpe rider complaining of non payment or late payment from the promotion for the services 

grow up!! Little bit of criticism and you cry worse than my 3 year old.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

It does because the doors are still open .

Or Rob subsidises it from the stocks 

5 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Or Rob subsidises it from the stocks 

Probably and from speedway practice private hire and amateur meetings.  Lots of positives from Scunthorpe raceway.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Probably and from speedway practice private hire and amateur meetings.  Lots of positives from Scunthorpe raceway.

Apart from the 2022 team absolutely 

26 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Team if you know it will keep the regulars happy. And probably you when you come just because you think we will get beat so so you can spout your negativity. See your location is York and Redcar is nearer why not go there instead and spread your negativity. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

clearly a dick - happy to take your return comeback on here, personally, privately or however you wish

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nice n friendly here lol or is it just the love of the sport and in particular Scunny Speedway. 

Edited by mossy666

9 hours ago, duffyscouse said:

clearly a dick - happy to take your return comeback on here, personally, privately or however you wish

A grown man (I assume) posting stuff like this? Pathetic. I thought it was just the promotion at Scunthorpe who were a stain on British speedway, turns out it's some of the fanbase as well. God forbid somebody thinks a rubbish team is rubbish.

• Like 1