British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

20 hours ago, phillipsr said:

why would i do that i love a comedy show and there will be plenty to laugh at next year 

Phillipsr do everyone a massive favour please please don’t turn up at The Eddie Wright raceway as I have never known a person be so negative and sad  .

Be pleased speedway has survived the pandemic , be pleased to see some of the best racing in Britain were 14 riders put a show on for us supporters risking there lives  and serious injuries for our entertainment 

• Confused 1

For a team to be successful you need improvers but that doesn't mean all of them have to improve, so that is the only way I can justify to myself the signing of Lambo & from what the popular speak is Aarnio, those 2 will probably stay the same average or thereabouts, the improvement has to come from Palin, Zaine & Kingsley. Allen & Douglas could go either way, if they improve then the team will do well, if they don't then it won't be pretty.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Phillipsr do everyone a massive favour please please don’t turn up at The Eddie Wright raceway as I have never known a person be so negative and sad  .

Be pleased speedway has survived the pandemic , be pleased to see some of the best racing in Britain were 14 riders put a show on for us supporters risking there lives  and serious injuries for our entertainment 

Oh god not that old argument!!!! They absolutely do not risk there lives for our entertainment!!

As for being negative why is it negative to expect a half decent side to be made up? I appreciate there's budgets to adhere to but if you charging £17 for 15minutes of entertainment at least try to provide some and put together a competitive side 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Oh god not that old argument!!!! They absolutely do not risk there lives for our entertainment!!

As for being negative why is it negative to expect a half decent side to be made up? I appreciate there's budgets to adhere to but if you charging £17 for 15minutes of entertainment at least try to provide some and put together a competitive side 

So you think this was robs first choice team? 3 riders allegedly agreed to race for us.1we couldn't agree terms with and 2 decided to sign elsewhere.you can't make riders come.fair play to those who wanted to be here they have my backing

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

So you think this was robs first choice team? 3 riders allegedly agreed to race for us.1we couldn't agree terms with and 2 decided to sign elsewhere.you can't make riders come.fair play to those who wanted to be here they have my backing

True.I always think about just signing riders but if they don’t like track or think they are worth more these are all snagging points. I’m just really great full we have speedway and it’s always great entertainment. It’s better to have a team that want to be there then individuals who expect. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

You do make some good points but riders like Lambert and Aarnio smack of a lack of ambition, I've nothing against them as riders but there not going to improve and have been there level they are for years now

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Correct if you can I’m asking about the following riders 

Lee Richardson ,Gary Stead,Lawrence Hare & Darcy Ward 

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

Paul do you mind me asking who the three riders were?

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Correct if you can I’m asking about the following riders 

Lee Richardson ,Gary Stead,Lawrence Hare & Darcy Ward 

As has been said above this is disgraceful.... All of these riders have received terrible injuries and worse in the case of Richardson but again they absolutely did not ride speedway for the entrainment, The comment from Sings4Speedway is spot on 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

For a team to be successful you need improvers but that doesn't mean all of them have to improve, so that is the only way I can justify to myself the signing of Lambo & from what the popular speak is Aarnio, those 2 will probably stay the same average or thereabouts, the improvement has to come from Palin, Zaine & Kingsley. Allen & Douglas could go either way, if they improve then the team will do well, if they don't then it won't be pretty.

I almost entirely agree that you need improvers or riders to hold their own & in the probable team, we possibly have.

Kinsley, although his points, or lack of them for Redcar, could be at his level but he hardly rode many meetings last season so track time very limited. He knows he has to improve his gear, having ridden at this level before, so get him on a track he likes then a possible small improvement is possible. 

Kennedy likes our track & has an almost even home & away split so another year in the Championship could see an improvement.

2nd strings are always hard to predict so with Lambert riding with a better heat leader, his average could stay the same or a slight drop. Again, heat 1 & 8 are his big ones at no2. Palin, after his first year, should improve mainly on the away tracks & is showing ambition by improving his gear as for sale, on his twitter page, he has both a PJR & Graversen for sale. So what & how is he improving? A more up to date tuned model or a different tuner?

The next rider possible/probably signed should improve his away form significantly more that 2021. His confidence could have taken a hit with that bad crash in the GP Qualifier but he can show a bit of back bone & turn his cheek to a few comments on here & show a bit of Territorial Army in him, then he will do ok.

The last 2 Xmas presents have shown that they can score decently away so riding on a home track that they have mastered, should see improvements

So, all in all, not too bad, not too negative, but 2 things we do know is that Xmas is soon upon us & we will be entertained at the EWR.

4 hours ago, Lewis said:

For a team to be successful you need improvers but that doesn't mean all of them have to improve, so that is the only way I can justify to myself the signing of Lambo & from what the popular speak is Aarnio, those 2 will probably stay the same average or thereabouts, the improvement has to come from Palin, Zaine & Kinsley. Allen & Douglas could go either way, if they improve then the team will do well, if they don't then it won't be pretty.

It also depends who is available, for example a 5.5 rider who you expect to rise to 6.5 may be a better choice than Lambert, but a 3.00 man who could get up to 3.75 isn't! No point in people being negative about Lambert unless than can point out better options available!

23 hours ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Tero next signing announced Thursday followed by the double announcement of Allen/Douglas I take it?

Having got to an age where I am not bothered anymore going to away matches, I think Aarnio will be a decent signing as he rides the Scunny track well even if his away form is a little suspect, after all we kept Auty for home matches as his away form was generally piss poor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

Having got to an age where I am not bothered anymore going to away matches, I think Aarnio will be a decent signing as he rides the Scunny track well even if his away form is a little suspect, after all we kept Auty for home matches as his away form was generally piss poor.

Couldn't agree more.

Home wins are key to keeping attendances up and keeping the fans happy.

Tero averages double figures at Home so it's a no brainer to sign him.

• Like 1