British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

31 minutes ago, the outsider said:

0.16 of a point .keeps us from including Tommy ? Bloody ridiculous whats 0.16 of a point really ? Surely the sport is about entertainment and excitment and in all fairness I would much prefer to watch Tommy Gun flying round Scunny than (and no disrespect) Tero Aarnio. This is where Speedway starts to look silly. 0.16 of a point I ask you ?arrrgh 

I agree totally I’m not saying it’s a good thing !

10 hours ago, the outsider said:

0.16 of a point .keeps us from including Tommy ? Bloody ridiculous whats 0.16 of a point really ? Surely the sport is about entertainment and excitment and in all fairness I would much prefer to watch Tommy Gun flying round Scunny than (and no disrespect) Tero Aarnio. This is where Speedway starts to look silly. 0.16 of a point I ask you ?arrrgh 

What happens when another team is just 0.16 above scunnys 0.16 and so forth. There has to be a cut off point somewhere!

• Like 9

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2021 at 6:34 PM, Fromafar said:

So who were the other riders,and why is Tero still having troubles.Don’t recall any other riders having to stop riding.?

Kasper Andersen another one who struggled with visa issues.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.39896

12 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Kasper Andersen another one who struggled with visa issues.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.39896

He rode forBerwick for half a season without any problem it would seem.You either are eligible for a visa or not IMO.Tero was a strange case.He either broke the rules or got dumped.Why was he not able to resolve it.

Edited by Fromafar

14 hours ago, the outsider said:

Don't worry, I'm sure Godfrey himself is working very hard behind the scenes to bend the rules ever so slightly :D Hence the delay in announcements...

16 hours ago, the outsider said:

0.16 doesn't stop Scunny signing Jorgensen, just stops him signing with the other 6. Replace Kinsley with a 2.00 man or Kennedy with MacDonald & Jorgensen fits  - simple!

There will always be potential teams just over the points limit, but if you allow a team to be 0.16 over, another will want to declare 0.25 over & so on!

• Like 4

Have the averages on BSPA website taken out the Eastbourne scores?

On the Berwick thread someone seems to think TJ is on a 7.10 average.

Im guessing visa's run yearly from when you get one? Teros may run from Aug to Aug?

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Don't worry, I'm sure Godfrey himself is working very hard behind the scenes to bend the rules ever so slightly :D Hence the delay in announcements...

What delay?we are announing every thursday till xmas:blink:

• Like 1

Is this part of a college thesis type project, club based, media company or just volunteers?

22 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Is this part of a college thesis type project, club based, media company or just volunteers?

When do we find out more.  I do hope this isn’t Boris tactics. Release all the news then say “Oh yea we signed Tero”. 

6 minutes ago, mossy666 said:

When do we find out more.  I do hope this isn’t Boris tactics. Release all the news then say “Oh yea we signed Tero”. 

its to try and raise your sprits before he is announced

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

its to try and raise your sprits before he is announced

Nooooooooooo. Unless he signs for the first 2 months then when averages settle and his visa expires we go shopping again

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Not part of a college project.. Robs pumped thousands of £££ into this, myself and MKJ working to bring you guys the best streams in speedway in 2022

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Not part of a college project.. Robs pumped thousands of £££ into this, myself and MKJ working to bring you guys the best streams in speedway in 2022

So is this going to be streaming meetings like glasgow and edinburgh?