British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

3 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Not part of a college project.. Robs pumped thousands of £££ into this, myself and MKJ working to bring you guys the best streams in speedway in 2022

Not knocking Rob or his team, but is there enough interest to make this financially viable ?

I dont think streaming of Home meetings would be as popular as streaming Away meetings ? Most of us will make it a date Fridays at the EWR come what may. But a trek down to Plymouth or Poole mid week is a bit more of a commitment. Thats where streaming comes in. I streamed the Away meetimg at Edinburgh last season and it was decent quality as a production. Albeit the racing itself was not the greatest. So if we are offering Scorpions TV in 2022 then take up is likely to be more the Away fans than Scunny fans and vice versa when we are on our travels. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, the outsider said:

I dont think streaming of Home meetings would be as popular as streaming Away meetings ? Most of us will make it a date Fridays at the EWR come what may. But a trek down to Plymouth or Poole mid week is a bit more of a commitment. Thats where streaming comes in. I streamed the Away meetimg at Edinburgh last season and it was decent quality as a production. Albeit the racing itself was not the greatest. So if we are offering Scorpions TV in 2022 then take up is likely to be more the Away fans than Scunny fans and vice versa when we are on our travels. 

Agreed. Just hope its not just one camera plonked on top of the tin can stand. Hopefully it will work better than the scoreboard and Rob's completely clapped out PA system- which I would have preferred the money to be spent on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

Not knocking Rob or his team, but is there enough interest to make this financially viable ?

I guess these sort of streams are mainly used by away supporters, so if Edinburgh can make it pay why not Scunny.

6 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Not part of a college project.. Robs pumped thousands of £££ into this, myself and MKJ working to bring you guys the best streams in speedway in 2022

Will you be live streaming home meetings? And a reduced price delayed video that you can watch at your leisure would be a good addition too. Realistically Scunny fans that are available on a Friday night will be there, but if you have a prior arrangement then watching a recording is the next best thing. 

On 12/12/2021 at 10:05 AM, Marshall07 said:

What happens when another team is just 0.16 above scunnys 0.16 and so forth. There has to be a cut off point somewhere!

They won't be allowed to race on Friday nights?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Tero back then.

Yep and he’s already getting pressured by the boss to improve his away scores. Someone said on here that it felt like he was always 1 or 2 more bad meetings from the axe this season, and it felt like that for me too. He only produced the goods when he knew he absolutely had to. Given that you start team building with a clean slate, it seems a strange choice to bring him back. 

11 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Tero back then.

Good signing for home meetings poor away( based on last year) let's hope he has his visa sorted for home meetings. Or is at home when he's meant to be and not playing hide and seek with the authorities :t:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Islander15 said:

Yep and he’s already getting pressured by the boss to improve his away scores. Someone said on here that it felt like he was always 1 or 2 more bad meetings from the axe this season, and it felt like that for me too. He only produced the goods when he knew he absolutely had to. Given that you start team building with a clean slate, it seems a strange choice to bring him back. 

Yeah don’t think we had many other options with limited heat leaders available 

• Haha 2

Rob does seem to imply that the last two signings could be special. Who is there, not yet signed?  Ellis, Worrall, Lawson, Cook?  Could someone like Lyager be returning?. Won't be Auty, believe he will be at Birmingham.

18 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Rob does seem to imply that the last two signings could be special. Who is there, not yet signed?  Ellis, Worrall, Lawson, Cook?  Could someone like Lyager be returning?. Won't be Auty, believe he will be at Birmingham.

Allen and Douglas

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ian68 said:

Allen and Douglas

Decent signings, but a superb Christmas present (as per the announcement)?

I'll just say this ...if we havent made a change by the time the first CMA green sheet averages are out. It will be a blooming miracle !

• Like 3