British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

16 minutes ago, the outsider said:

I'll just say this ...if we havent made a change by the time the first CMA green sheet averages are out. It will be a blooming miracle !

I agree. I’ll be there without doubt season but looking how teams are shaping up I don’t think home advantage will help as much and if we are going to be successful hard changes will have to be made quick. I hope my words choke me and I’m proved wrong after all I know nothing about team building in the sport I love. Hopefully 2 outstanding HLs

• Like 1

Always liked Tero when he raced for the Diamonds and would have liked him in our team next year. I definitely think you will get Allen now he definitely isn't going back to Redcar and I'm pretty sure I read last season that he is a Scorpion's asset? Douglas would be a good signing too if the rumours are correct.

Goodness me..... 5 reserves away from home and even at home there will be some losses Allen and Douglas are ok but wouldn't say either is a true number 1 at least up to this point, 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Goodness me..... 5 reserves away from home and even at home there will be some losses Allen and Douglas are ok but wouldn't say either is a true number 1 at least up to this point, 

On paper we won’t be the strongest but every league has an underdog 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Yep and he’s already getting pressured by the boss to improve his away scores. Someone said on here that it felt like he was always 1 or 2 more bad meetings from the axe this season, and it felt like that for me too. He only produced the goods when he knew he absolutely had to. Given that you start team building with a clean slate, it seems a strange choice to bring him back. 

I would think Tero knows that as well.

This team is built to win(hopefully) the home meetings but will lose a lot away(as I have posted previously) & the riders Rob has chosen DO score well at the EWR. This last season proved that if you win your home meetings then you will reach the play offs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the outsider said:

I'll just say this ...if we havent made a change by the time the first CMA green sheet averages are out. It will be a blooming miracle !

This year, all teams are built to a 42 point limit & like on other topics, posters are saying that ??????? is a poor signing but never give alternatives.

Who would be available at the end of April 2022 when the first(new) CMA green sheet averages are out? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Have Allen/Douglas been confirmed/announced?

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Have Allen/Douglas been confirmed/announced?

No not as of yet but would i think at this point be a major surprise if they weren't 

9 hours ago, mossy666 said:

On paper we won’t be the strongest but every league has an underdog 

Like the diamonds last season & it wasn't to bad at Newcastle at least we had speedway

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Error
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Like the diamonds last season & it want to bad at Newcastle at least we had speedway

And that my friend is what it’s all about. Our very own sustainability 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, the outsider said:

Gotta disagree with you, if they wanted a rider, why not sign him now instead of April / May? Can't see any of the riders dropping their averages by much to allow the team to strengthen either!

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

This year, all teams are built to a 42 point limit & like on other topics, posters are saying that ??????? is a poor signing but never give alternatives.

Who would be available at the end of April 2022 when the first(new) CMA green sheet averages are out? 

I've made similar comments, someone says they don't want Crump, so I say who would you prefer, they reply with "a 6 point rider who will average 7.5" (but don't name names).

It's easy to be negative about a signing, but far harder to suggest a stronger alternative!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Thanks 1

Can't see them losing at home very often it's a good side around scunny but can see it been woeful away . So will be pretty similar to 2021. Think there was only Leicester won there and they had a team full of riders who excell at scunny including Ryan Douglas who was fantastic 

• Like 1