British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

7 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

It's a bit of a trek from Ipswich lol 

Yea true. I’m going to take my dad to an away track next year. Havnt made my mind up yet where to. He’s 91. 

13 minutes ago, mossy666 said:

Yea true. I’m going to take my dad to an away track next year. Havnt made my mind up yet where to. He’s 91. 

Redcar and Leicester are now our local derbies, until Bradford ,Hull or Halifax re-emerge, or Tigers drop down again.:t:

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mossy666 said:

Would highly reccomend Redcar, usually a very good meeting at the MPA against Scunny, and vise versa

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mossy666 said:

Do it Mossy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mossy666 said:

He’s 91? Top bloke, wherever you take him he will no doubt see someone that makes him feel like a spring chicken, such is the speedway supporter demograph. If you take him to Birmingham, get him to wear some Kevlars. He will get free admission, but there is a catch!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

He’s 91? Top bloke, wherever you take him he will no doubt see someone that makes him feel like a spring chicken, such is the speedway supporter demograph. If you take him to Birmingham, get him to wear some Kevlars. He will get free admission, but there is a catch!

I’m not sure he bends enough to get into a pair of Kevlar Teromaafan. Is Birmingham track easy to get to. No bothered about distance could always have a stop over

15 hours ago, mossy666 said:

Take him to Poole - a decent meeting on a more than decent track with the guarantee of a grandstand seat or if a bit cold a seat in the glass-fronted 'restaurant' stand!

1 hour ago, mossy666 said:

I’m not sure he bends enough to get into a pair of Kevlar Teromaafan. Is Birmingham track easy to get to. No bothered about distance could always have a stop over

Two miles south of M6 Junction 7, on the A34.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, mossy666 said:

Well at least it’s not Craig Cook

That's an odd comment as Cook is stronger than every Scunthorpe rider (plus rumoured signings)

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

That's an odd comment as Cook is stronger than every Scunthorpe rider (plus rumoured signings)

Maybe maybe not. Personal choice. Seen him spit his dummy out to many times and  wouldn’t be happy to see him don a scunny race jacket. Plus just looking back he hasn’t really scored well at the EWR,like I say it’s just a personal opinion. 

Edited by mossy666
Bit added
  • Like 3

Didn’t think that Cook was in Scunny’s plans, although he seems to have rode for everyone else, hope it’s Allen and Douglas in the final 2 places.

1 hour ago, OldtimerRay said:

Didn’t think that Cook was in Scunny’s plans, although he seems to have rode for everyone else, hope it’s Allen and Douglas in the final 2 places.

He wasn’t.

10 hours ago, OldtimerRay said:

Didn't cook start at scunthorpe or learn speedway there wasn't he another ex motocross rider?

12 minutes ago, Ian68 said:

Didn't cook start at scunthorpe or learn speedway there wasn't he another ex motocross rider?

Don't remember him riding for Scunny, but he has ridden for Buxton.

22 hours ago, mossy666 said:

Could always bring him to Plymouth, people most welcoming plenty to see if you stay over plymouth hoe, the barbican the sea, visit the mayflower steps and Cornwall just over the border.

• Thanks 1