Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

9 hours ago, OldtimerRay said:

Sedgmen 14 from 5 rides at Oxford tonight probably better than gating tart Ellis would have scored

I’m well aware I’ve been made to eat my words !

57 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

You ain't alone mate....I don't think any speedway fan in the country would've predicted Sedgemen to score more than Ellis would have!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan555 said:

We all have

11 hours ago, OldtimerRay said:

Sedgmen 14 from 5 rides at Oxford tonight probably better than gating tart Ellis would have scored

Yep will be number 1 by years end ,spokes are well and truely run in

13 hours ago, OldtimerRay said:

3 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

You ain't alone mate....I don't think any speedway fan in the country would've predicted Sedgemen to score more than Ellis would have!

Even though he had a decent season in Australia, Sedgemen made it clear he was not interested in coming over this year why is why some teams did not approach him.

It has only been a change in mind by the rider & circumstances for other riders that Birmingham have took a chance & Sedgemen has repaid them with a very good return.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Even though he had a decent season in Australia, Sedgemen made it clear he was not interested in coming over this year why is why some teams did not approach him.

It has only been a change in mind by the rider & circumstances for other riders that Birmingham have took a chance & Sedgemen has repaid them with a very good return.

Was one of his main reasons that he couldn’t make it pay only riding in  1 League.

On speedway GB website it seems to say that Kinsleys injury will put him on the sidelines for 6 weeks so think we will only use guests however that will be a task in itself given his average and our Friday race night 

23 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

On speedway GB website it seems to say that Kinsleys injury will put him on the sidelines for 6 weeks so think we will only use guests however that will be a task in itself given his average and our Friday race night 

"sensible guest options"

Jason Edwards, Henry Atkins, Nathan Ablitt, Harry McGurk, Danny Phillips, Tom Woolley, Greg Blair, Luke Crang, Connor Coles, Tom Spencer, Nathan Stoneman, Jake Mulford, Alex Spooner, Sam McGurk & Joe Alcock.

Plenty out there, not likely to score many, but neither was Kinsley tbh, so not a great loss to the teams strength in my view 

If they were going to sign an injury replacement I'd have gone with Jake Mulford!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

It's tall order for Scunny to make the playoffs now, as predicted at the start of the year, away form has let us down. Is it worth bring in ty procter at reserve for kennedy, knowing realistically we need to win at Berwick and Redcar. We could maybe bring in Anders Rowe for Coles.

Edited by eric i

10 minutes ago, eric i said:

It's tall order for Scunny to make the playoffs now, as predicted at the start of the year, away form has let us down. Is it worth bring in ty procter at reserve for kennedy, knowing realistically we need to win at Berwick and Redcar. We could maybe bring in Anders Rowe for Coles.

Proctor is injured,don’t think he will ride again this season.

5 hours ago, eric i said:

Anders Rowe was selling his van last week!!!  And Proctor is carrying injuries which make it too painful to race.

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Anders Rowe was selling his van last week!!!  And Proctor is carrying injuries which make it too painful to race.

He’s still got his ride in the Premiership I’m sure it won’t be long before he’s snapped up by someone in the championship he’s got plenty of talent 

6 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

He’s still got his ride in the Premiership I’m sure it won’t be long before he’s snapped up by someone in the championship he’s got plenty of talent 

Are you talking about Rowe? Thought he isn't interested in riding UK atm?! 

10 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Danyon Hume taken his place at Ipswich

43 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Danyon Hume taken his place at Ipswich

Oh right shows how much attention I’ve been paying to the lineups !