British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

46 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Danyon Hume taken his place at Ipswich

Rowe is still the RS, Hume is still the no 8. Regardless they can use either rider. But if Hume got injured they'd have to use Rowe again!

59 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

He’s still got his ride in the Premiership I’m sure it won’t be long before he’s snapped up by someone in the championship he’s got plenty of talent 

Rowe has potential, but his scores haven't matched that so far.

What has happened to Jordan Palin?

Kennedy started at reserve & scored lots, Lambert dropped to reserve & scored even more. Now Palin at reserve & scoring no better?

16 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

What has happened to Jordan Palin?

Kennedy started at reserve & scored lots, Lambert dropped to reserve & scored even more. Now Palin at reserve & scoring no better?

Yeah it is becoming concerning for Jordan seems to be having a few bike issues which is possibly affecting his confidence 

Hopefully Palin can get sorted soon but it isn't going very well. Between him, Kemp and Bickley, it's been a lot of expectation for very little return. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JCookie said:

Hopefully Palin can get sorted soon but it isn't going very well. Between him, Kemp and Bickley, it's been a lot of expectation for very little return. 

Kemp is averaging almost 2 points above his starting average, while Bickley has fallen slightly he's much the same standard as last year. Palin definitely fallen more than the others.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Kemp is averaging almost 2 points above his starting average, while Bickley has fallen slightly he's much the same standard as last year. Palin definitely fallen more than the others.

Never disputed that, but when you look at the hype when they were all 14/15 compared to now then it's fair to say all of them have been underwhelming in differing levels.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Andrew2021 said:

Hi. Would anyone have a Scunthorpe v Poole programme front cover scan or pic they could email me. Thanks

I’ll PM you it tomorrow 

With us now looking like we have a double blow with Tero and Jake injured anyone know how long for and if changes are likely ?

4 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

With us now looking like we have a double blow with Tero and Jake injured anyone know how long for and if changes are likely ?

NHS says 6-8 weeks for fractured wrist, but Speedway riders it probably means 4 weeks! Don't know what injuries Tero has and how long he will be side lined.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

What's happened to the Scorpions website now a days? It uses to be updated regularly but now it doesn't seem to have been updated at all since the Poole meeting?

I think it was Tosh who was criticizing another club a few weeks ago (Birmingham I think) about not having anything on it about a meeting 24 hrs before it happened but it's less then 11 hrs before Scunthorpe travel to Berwick and it's not even mentioned

For away meetings they usually don’t do much 

5 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Still. Tero got injured earlier in the week. Jake Thursday, they could have easily mentioned something on there before putting the preview on less then 10 hrs before the start of the meeting and trying to not make people notice by putting yesterday's date on the post like they just have done lol

My post was also about the fact a Scunthorpe fan criticized a team for not posting about a meeting a day before when their own team website is just as bad

Edited by Fozzie4388

13 hours ago, scunny1 said:

NHS says 6-8 weeks for fractured wrist, but Speedway riders it probably means 4 weeks! Don't know what injuries Tero has and how long he will be side lined.

Reportedly a broken thumb for Aarnio......!

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Reportedly a broken thumb for Aarnio......!

I guess that's 6-8 weeks weeks for Aarnio as well then?:rolleyes: 

2 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

The guest was racing for his own club last night.

2 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Still. Tero got injured earlier in the week. Jake Thursday, they could have easily mentioned something on there before putting the preview on less then 10 hrs before the start of the meeting and trying to not make people notice by putting yesterday's date on the post like they just have done lol

My post was also about the fact a Scunthorpe fan criticized a team for not posting about a meeting a day before when their own team website is just as bad

Strange that you reply to a post & delete your other. :blink:

Maybe Rob Peasley has been working & doing other things or waiting for the official confirmation from the promoters for tonight rather than posting twice or more times with changing information.

• Like 1