British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

So two heat leaders down for at least a month, maybe nearer two months?  Have we got a plan to get us out of this hole? Anyone out there worth a punt at this critical time trying to get a top six spot?

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

So two heat leaders down for at least a month, maybe nearer two months?  Have we got a plan to get us out of this hole? Anyone out there worth a punt at this critical time trying to get a top six spot?

Yeah it’s concerning given our slip to Plymouth at home which could prove costly come the end of the season and other rivals such as Oxford and Berwick strengthening I really don’t think there any options out there however to help us 

At last they are both in our top 3 averaged riders so 2 guests can be used.

41 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

At last they are both in our top 3 averaged riders so 2 guests can be used.

At home I think R/R for one will be stronger than a lot of guests in the league 

Edited by Ryan555

From the 1st of july Scunny have an extra 2.74 points to play with, Connor coles for Kyle Newman/Max Clegg/Anders Rowe. 

How long are both likely to be out  for and what riders would be in the frame to face Edinburgh on Sunday ??

1 hour ago, eric i said:

From the 1st of july Scunny have an extra 2.74 points to play with, Connor coles for Kyle Newman/Max Clegg/Anders Rowe. 

Yeah we do really have to make a change to keep up with the mid table sides around us strengthening. Anders Rowe isn’t riding in Britain apparently so I’m really not sure who is best out of the remaining options 

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

How long are both likely to be out  for and what riders would be in the frame to face Edinburgh on Sunday ??

Riders in the frame for Friday and Sunday could be Jye Etheridge, Paul Starke, Aaron Summers, Tom Brennan, Ulrich and Justin Sedgmen. Of which the final 3 can only be used in the home fixture because of the 5 percent allowance above the average for home meetings providing that’s still a rule! Also Brennan and Ulrich have a meeting Friday anyway 

2 hours ago, eric i said:

Rowe not doing the UK, Newman out of form even for his standards. Don't know about Clegg at Scunny but would he get more than Coles who is at least busting a gut to score points? 

Better to replace Tero with BWD (at least for a single match) then guest it up.....all in the best interests and all that

• Haha 3

Just seen on twitter you have signed James Wright in place of Tero whilst he is out injured and will use guests or r/r for Jake. Not sure what happens when everyone is fit again though! 

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Just seen on twitter you have signed James Wright in place of Tero whilst he is out injured and will use guests or r/r for Jake. Not sure what happens when everyone is fit again though! 

I think that’s the last we will see of Tero given what Rob has been writing about him in the programme recently 

• Thanks 1

A signing that had to be made given the our current injury crisis, welcome to the club James 

Edited by Ryan555

43 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

A signing that had to be made given the our current injury crisis, welcome to the club James 

Nice edit ;)

Fri July 8th has been listed as Scunthorpe vs TBC for a while now. Why not race the KOC leg 2 vs Leicester on that date?

Scunthorpe sign James Wright in place of Tero.