British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

Its an odd change!! Certainly doesnt make Scunny stronger especially at home! 

14 hours ago, romans lovechild said:

would be foolish to get rid of either of those, a long term gain over a short term fix(and one who doesnt know if he wants to ride in this league)

Kennedy a long term gain? Palin maybe heading towards Josh Auty status but he could easily be another Simon Lambert. Definitely needs to look at what his counterparts are doing Flint, Brennan, Thomas all increasing their averages whilst riding in a CL 1-5. Not saying it can't be turned around but riders destined for the top rarely have extended plateau's in form.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Kennedy a long term gain? Palin maybe heading towards Josh Auty status but he could easily be another Simon Lambert. Definitely needs to look at what his counterparts are doing Flint, Brennan, Thomas all increasing their averages whilst riding in a CL 1-5. Not saying it can't be turned around but riders destined for the top rarely have extended plateau's in form.

I feel your point about Palin is valid however you could also compare him to the Thompson twins and Bickley who are also not probably making the strides people expect and it’s certainly by no means easy to do what Flint and Brennan are doing ! Saw Palin was the cover star of speedway star saying there’s a lot of pressure will have to pick it up as I think it will be an interesting read  

28 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I feel your point about Palin is valid however you could also compare him to the Thompson twins and Bickley who are also not probably making the strides people expect and it’s certainly by no means easy to do what Flint and Brennan are doing ! Saw Palin was the cover star of speedway star saying there’s a lot of pressure will have to pick it up as I think it will be an interesting read  

I did look at Thompsons, Bickley and likewise Edwards but they have had spells at reserve so averages fluctuate further and would currently put Palin ahead of that group BUT they are catching him. There have always been sleeper riders who at times struggled to get a team place Mountain,  Hume for example and are now highly in demand. Palin wants to watch that he doesn't slip into that bracket as not everyone gets out of it.

• Like 1

Best thing to do next year for Palin would be get to away from Scunthorpe for a year or two. You only have to look at the Worrall's they went up another level when leaving Scunny, Ash Birks went to Sheffield for a year before coming back to Scunthorpe and improved immensly before retiring. Also Douglas has improved hell of a lot having a few years away. Riding the same track year in year out is no good for a riders career imo.

Before anyone has a go i don't mean he shouldn't come back in the future but it might be best for both parties in the long run

Edited by Fozzie4388
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Best thing to do next year for Palin would be get to away from Scunthorpe for a year or two. You only have to look at the Worrall's they went up another level when leaving Scunny, Ash Birks went to Sheffield for a year before coming back to Scunthorpe and improved immensly before retiring. Also Douglas has improved hell of a lot having a few years away. Riding the same track year in year out is no good for a riders career imo.

Before anyone has a go i don't mean he shouldn't come back in the future but it might be best for both parties in the long run

I do not agree with the comparison for Ash Birks as both tracks similar in shape but I do agree that riders need to experience the more technical tracks. The Worralls went to the ploughed field of Brough Park & Stevie has got his mojo back after his injury riding at Poole & Wolves. Douglas improved & has admitted to of the tuition by Darcy Ward & Davey Watt in his season away but came back to try the technical tracks at Leicester & Wolves. Flint & Brennan, also, tried technical tracks for a year. 

Adam Roynon released by Redcar on Monday & snapped up by Scunthorpe is the press release in the Daily Star. Probably just going through the checks, if all is ok, before announced by Scunthorpe by website or social media.

9 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Adam Roynon released by Redcar on Monday & snapped up by Scunthorpe is the press release in the Daily Star. Probably just going through the checks, if all is ok, before announced by Scunthorpe by website or social media.

Oh right interesting where’s this Daily star press release 

10 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Over who though? 

1 minute ago, Redtruck said:

Over who though? 

I’d guess Connor Coles

Just now, Ryan555 said:

I’d guess Connor Coles

Can only be him wouldn’t change him over anyone else and tbh I wouldn’t change Cole’s for him 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Oh right interesting where’s this Daily star press release 

8 minutes ago, Redtruck said:

Over who though? 

I have seen it in the newspaper & it doesn't say & I cannot find anything on paper website(minority sport?)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Redtruck said:

Can only be him wouldn’t change him over anyone else and tbh I wouldn’t change Cole’s for him 

I checked updates & Roynon scored 0, 0, 1, 0 but gated a few times & passed but on pace/close to riders when behind.

Coles has been scoring the points asked of him & put in print by Rob Godfrey in heat 2 but not this last Sunday in the difficult no6 position.