British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Our injury toll just gets worse. Best wishes to Jordan, Jake and Dave Peat.

and Tero

If BWD is fit he would make a decent replacement for Palin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eric i said:

and Tero

He'd turn up less then Tero did

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, eric i said:

and Tero

BWD and Roynon would never ride in the same team 

• Like 2

I think r/r is the most likely and viable solution given the time in the season we are at 

Looking at the league table, I think we are destined to finish 7th so with just 1 home & 3 away league meetings, the outstanding KOC meeting & the Jubilee Trophy meetings to ride, we have 3 options. Try to find a foreign rider around 8.3 to finish our season with European Leagues almost finished, a rider similar to whom Berwick signed (Knudson) with a view to next year or go r/r with Roynon, Kennedy & either Lambert or Wright as the riders above Palin on average(now but changes on 1/8/22).

• Like 1

Probably between Scunthorpe and Redcar for the final play off place. Scunny need to win at Redcar or hope Glasgow do, we won't know till August 26th.

40 minutes ago, eric i said:

Probably between Scunthorpe and Redcar for the final play off place. Scunny need to win at Redcar or hope Glasgow do, we won't know till August 26th.

Don’t know why they can’t get the league fixtures finished before we start the Mickey Mouse Cup fixtures .Just going to run into the usual fixture chaos in October.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t know why they can’t get the league fixtures finished before we start the Mickey Mouse Cup fixtures .Just going to run into the usual fixture chaos in October.

Because it was called the Summer Trophy,before the name was changed to Jubilee League.

I just hope there is enough teams in 2023 that we can have 2 home & 2 away meetings in C.L.

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Apart from one TBA (Plym. V Gla) the Championship will be over by the end of August

Seems unlikely. Apart from the above mentioned TBA Plymouth have their last home fixture on 23rd August (and they fit in a complete set of NDL fixtures too).

Plymouth will have little difficulty in fitting in the play-offs.

Birmingham, with no such concerns have only two meetings after the end of this month (one league match and the Brit under 21).

Week commencing 6 September there are a grand total of six fixtures logged across the entire country.

There looks like little likelihood of fixture chaos unless August is one long monsoon.

Just seen that Jason Edwards is guesting for Jordan at Poole on Wednesday and r/r for Jake meaning everyone can take a ride 

14 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Just seen that Jason Edwards is guesting for Jordan at Poole on Wednesday and r/r for Jake meaning everyone can take a ride 

Maybe you should start the meeting thread for it ;)

4 minutes ago, eric i said:

Jake and Aarnio are hoping to be back next week.

Yeah sounds like Tero is gonna come in to replace Jordan which will make the team strong 

3 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Yeah sounds like Tero is gonna come in to replace Jordan which will make the team strong 

Didn't think you can re-declare a rider into a side once they have been taken out? Only loophole i can see is if Wight was a 28 day injury replacement for Tero and then Tero returns and Wright is signed for Palin? 

That said in the best interests the Godfather can do as he likes.

• Haha 4