British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

The rule book says 'In these circumstances a rider cannot return to ride for any club within 28 days, effective from the date of notification to the SCB........

has been approved in a teams declared 1-7 at the start of the  season.'

Tero has been out for longer than 28 days to can be reintroduced.

5 hours ago, eric i said:

The rule book says 'In these circumstances a rider cannot return to ride for any club within 28 days, effective from the date of notification to the SCB........

has been approved in a teams declared 1-7 at the start of the  season.'

Tero has been out for longer than 28 days to can be reintroduced.

Think thats for a rider with holding services....that said i can't currently find the piece about 28 day injury replacements so maybe its not actually a rule and everyone just makes it up as they go along anyway 

Spoke to Jake on Friday ,he’s at hospital tomorrow (Monday) and he’s hoping to get his cast  and have a few practice spins this week and return to racing asap

• Like 1

We need an away win at Redcar or Berwick to qualify for the play offs and today our nearest rivals Redcar suffered a massive blow  Erik Riss has received a season ending injury (broken leg ) riding in Poland . Don’t know if they will bring in guests or a rider to replace him .But for now hoping for a speedy full recovery for Erik Riss

12 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

We need an away win at Redcar or Berwick to qualify for the play offs and today our nearest rivals Redcar suffered a massive blow  Erik Riss has received a season ending injury (broken leg ) riding in Poland . Don’t know if they will bring in guests or a rider to replace him .But for now hoping for a speedy full recovery for Erik Riss

Broken ankle isn't it? No idea on time frame though. Would he be back for playoffs? 

But yes, speedy recovery to Erik. 

Edit - ah just seen it is fibula, so you are right it is leg injury. 

Edited by lisa-colette

I guess that is season over for Kennedy with a fractured hip, do Scunny go with guests or get a rider in. I think Claus Vissing is going to be released from Birmingham soon when his 28day ban is up, he would fit.

12 minutes ago, eric i said:

I guess that is season over for Kennedy with a fractured hip, do Scunny go with guests or get a rider in. I think Claus Vissing is going to be released from Birmingham soon when his 28day ban is up, he would fit.

Surely there is someone else??! 

4 hours ago, eric i said:

There is plenty of guest options so I think that is the most likely but time will tell

6 hours ago, eric i said:

In recent years July 31st was the cut-off date for transfers, not sure if that's still the case this season?

14 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

In recent years July 31st was the cut-off date for transfers, not sure if that's still the case this season?

Thought it was towards the end of August.

14 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

28th August, effective 31st August.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

What average do we have for a replacement for Zaine or as a guest for him please ?

6.07 for replacement, or guest upto 4.79

40 minutes ago, eric i said:

6.07 for replacement, or guest upto 4.79

Is Matthew Wethers fit? Sign him & James Wright should be a strong reserve!

• Like 1