British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

There are quite a few posts on the 2020 thread since Friday with posters posting their views on their team for 2022 so here is a new thread for you all.

A few whispers heard, Jake Allen signed as an asset.

A more interesting point though & even though I have asked many times in the past, there has still been NOTHING in print to how the 5 year Rising Star Plan is to work for the 2nd year & beyond.

If Allen is a Scorpion in 2022 then how would that affect Ellis as, even though he is a no1 in most peoples eyes, his average is slightly less than Allen's. Would he be on similar terms or have to take a drop to Heat Leader status? (unsure how points money is paid but would have thought, high to low, no1 ... heat leaders ... 2nd strings ... reserves/Rising Stars(2 for 2022?)

Ellis (but Douglas is preferred option)

Allen

Jorgensen/Pickering

Lambert/Nicol/Kennedy

Mountain

Palin

Gilkes

A team based on riders that can ride the EWR but, also, ride the tighter technical tracks

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

There are quite a few posts on the 2020 thread since Friday with posters posting their views on their team for 2022 so here is a new thread for you all.

A few whispers heard, Jake Allen signed as an asset.

A more interesting point though & even though I have asked many times in the past, there has still been NOTHING in print to how the 5 year Rising Star Plan is to work for the 2nd year & beyond.

If Allen is a Scorpion in 2022 then how would that affect Ellis as, even though he is a no1 in most peoples eyes, his average is slightly less than Allen's. Would he be on similar terms or have to take a drop to Heat Leader status? (unsure how points money is paid but would have thought, high to low, no1 ... heat leaders ... 2nd strings ... reserves/Rising Stars(2 for 2022?)

Ellis (but Douglas is preferred option)

Allen

Jorgensen/Pickering

Lambert/Nicol/Kennedy

Mountain

Palin

Gilkes

A team based on riders that can ride the EWR but, also, ride the tighter technical tracks

Must say Pickering rides the EWR very well though don’t really know the situation with him at Edinburgh, I personally would prefer Nicol or Kennedy because they can ride a lot of different tracks well that includes the EWR however think Simon is nearly nailed on

Edited by Ryan555

47 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Must say Pickering rides the EWR very well though don’t really know the situation with him at Edinburgh, I personally would prefer Nicol or Kennedy because they can ride a lot of different tracks well that includes the EWR however think Simon is nearly nailed on

I mentioned Pickering as he has scored well in his 2 visits & Edinburgh have 3 heat leaders combined total of 25. Leicester have 4 x 8 point riders & Poole have 3 x 8 pointers although Schlein is retiring this year.

20 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

If Gilkes and Palin are both allowed as rising stars in the same team it will be criminal...

On another thread, I think jaizer has mentioned a Rising Star total of 7 for 2 riders then any combination could be used (5 & 2, 4 & 3, ? & 1) & I would not think both would move up that much from being 1* riders(still only 1 years experience in top leagues of racing).

25 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

On another thread, I think jaizer has mentioned a Rising Star total of 7 for 2 riders then any combination could be used (5 & 2, 4 & 3, ? & 1) & I would not think both would move up that much from being 1* riders(still only 1 years experience in top leagues of racing).

Yeah we will just have to wait and see when is the AGM?

Allen 

Mountain 

Ellis 

Kasper Andersen 

Douglas 

Palin 

Gilkes 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

Allen 

Mountain 

Ellis 

Kasper Andersen 

Douglas 

Palin 

Gilkes 

That's a fantastic team if only It would fit into next years averages 

I personally think its shocking how Scunthorpe have announced all this about Allen whilst he is still competing in the play offs for Redcar. Just sums up what a terrible chairman Godfrey really is. 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

I personally think its shocking how Scunthorpe have announced all this about Allen whilst he is still competing in the play offs for Redcar. Just sums up what a terrible chairman Godfrey really is. 

I think you can safely say that Redcar's interest in the Play-Offs are over, after Sunday ! :D

• Like 1

I highly doubt Ryan Douglas will be back at Scunthorpe after comments made in the past about how he was treated by Godfrey when he rode for Scunthorpe. But he is also Poland bound for 2022 so I suggest he will drop Championship racing to concentrate on Premiership (Sheffield ;)) &  Poland

Anyone know what's happening with josh auty ,a good servant to scunthorpe has he retired?

27 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

I highly doubt Ryan Douglas will be back at Scunthorpe after comments made in the past about how he was treated by Godfrey when he rode for Scunthorpe. But he is also Poland bound for 2022 so I suggest he will drop Championship racing to concentrate on Premiership (Sheffield ;)) &  Poland

Hi Lenny do you have any info regarding these "comments" there seems to be a lot of rumours and discontent directed to Rob Godfrey (some of which may very well be true and justified) but very rarely seem to have any evidence to back such claims up. Thanks 

Edited by stumper

1 hour ago, Lenny Lion said:

No way will dougy be at Sheffield that's a fact

14 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Allen 

Mountain 

Ellis 

Kasper Andersen 

Douglas 

Palin 

Gilkes 

14 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

That's a fantastic team if only It would fit into next years averages 

A fantastic team, I agree, & probably fits in at around 34.6 with a few changes to averages as some riders rode in league meetings after 23rd September (Leicester, Glasgow, Kent & Birmingham). It does NOT include KOC or Play Off meetings.