British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

Just seen the tweet by Josh Auty who seems a tad put out hes not in Scunnys plans for 2022. Dont think he need fret British Speedway needs riders of his calibre. A new challenge could just be the boost he needs to reboot his racing career. 

But back to us ? Ryan Douglas I read wants a mid week track to fit in with his weekend Polish commitments. He already has Prem Wolves - Mon and wants a Champ club ? He might be pushed to get mid week as that would limit him to Poole Oxford Plymouth and I dont see him going that way. Edinburgh might fit the bill for him as he can team up with fellow Aussies Josh Pickering & Sam Masters who are also doing Poland weekends. Got to say if Monarchs land Ryan and have Pickers & Masters thats some top three ! But we'll see. 

Kinda hope Robs managed to talk Ryan back to Scunny because ihe would be a great top two with Jake Allen. At the moment having pfaffed around with these averages and looking whats already been rumoured on here and gut feeling I am left with 

Douglas 7.74 or( Ellis 7.66) Allen 7.72 Aarnio 6.61 ? Lambert 5.98, Palin 5.69,  Kennedy 5.00, Kinsley 3.00 Total 41.74(41.66) 

Plenty of room for optimism there as you expect Jordan to push on in 2022 and Kennedy can be a match winner home or away. We would have a strong reserve come what may. Prefer Douglas over Ellis because hes better round Scunny of the two.

Aarnio fits points wise in this team; he needs to convince though. Took a few meetings to get going last season ; then it was inconsistent; then the visa issue. Always concerns me he ends up two-three meetings from the axe ! 

Seems like we have to wait for Santa to know what hes leaving "under the xmas airbag"  for us in 2022. But Ive put me list in and hoping for the best.  

• Like 1

No big loss on Auty cant see teams being desperate to get him in and wouldnt be surprised to see him end up without a club… Scunny need some big signings after a poor start to team building  

5 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

1 hour ago, the outsider said:

Just seen the tweet by Josh Auty who seems a tad put out hes not in Scunnys plans for 2022. Dont think he need fret British Speedway needs riders of his calibre. A new challenge could just be the boost he needs to reboot his racing career. 

But back to us ? Ryan Douglas I read wants a mid week track to fit in with his weekend Polish commitments. He already has Prem Wolves - Mon and wants a Champ club ? He might be pushed to get mid week as that would limit him to Poole Oxford Plymouth and I dont see him going that way. Edinburgh might fit the bill for him as he can team up with fellow Aussies Josh Pickering & Sam Masters who are also doing Poland weekends. Got to say if Monarchs land Ryan and have Pickers & Masters thats some top three ! But we'll see. 

Kinda hope Robs managed to talk Ryan back to Scunny because ihe would be a great top two with Jake Allen. At the moment having pfaffed around with these averages and looking whats already been rumoured on here and gut feeling I am left with 

Douglas 7.74 or( Ellis 7.66) Allen 7.72 Aarnio 6.61 ? Lambert 5.98, Palin 5.69,  Kennedy 5.00, Kinsley 3.00 Total 41.74(41.66) 

Plenty of room for optimism there as you expect Jordan to push on in 2022 and Kennedy can be a match winner home or away. We would have a strong reserve come what may. Prefer Douglas over Ellis because hes better round Scunny of the two.

Aarnio fits points wise in this team; he needs to convince though. Took a few meetings to get going last season ; then it was inconsistent; then the visa issue. Always concerns me he ends up two-three meetings from the axe ! 

Seems like we have to wait for Santa to know what hes leaving "under the xmas airbag"  for us in 2022. But Ive put me list in and hoping for the best.  

Agree with all the points you make there 

Edited by Ryan555

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

No big loss on Auty cant see teams being desperate to get him in and wouldnt be surprised to see him end up without a club… Scunny need some big signings after a poor start to team building  

I think he will be an asset as long has the ave is in his favour. One thing he relishes is a good battle. Be good to see him back in the points and happy with his racing(just not at the EWR

3 hours ago, the outsider said:

Dougy will be busy next year which is a worry for me ,as a bit loose at times ,hard to keep a full team from start to finish as it’s been a problem for scum you more than others,but this could be thier lucky year for a change

Just now, phillwhitewasmad said:

Any news on when signing two will be announced 

I believe it said every Thursday with the final 2 the Thursday before Christmas 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Any news on when signing two will be announced 

Looks like Auty’s not one of them.

Edited by Fromafar

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Looks like Auty’s not one of them.

Personally think it's good for the club and josh to part company for a while . Fantastic around scunny pure entertainment but has become poor away 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Personally think it's good for the club and josh to part company for a while . Fantastic around scunny pure entertainment but has become poor away 

Never quite fulfilled his early promise.IMO.

27 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Never quite fulfilled his early promise.IMO.

Can't disagree with that but still been great value at scunny 

• Like 2

So who do we think will be the next one out the hat. I hope it’s an absolute blinder of a heat leader to lift out spirits

46 minutes ago, mossy666 said:

So who do we think will be the next one out the hat. I hope it’s an absolute blinder of a heat leader to lift out spirits

It was already on the article last week saying that it was going to be Kinsley's reserve partner.

10 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

It was already on the article last week saying that it was going to be Kinsley's reserve partner.

I know for a fact he’s from abroad and rode in our league this season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

I know for a fact he’s from abroad and rode in our league this season

And rode EWR really good too.

• Like 1