British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

13 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Because the team named so far is hard to get excited about… its a great set up at Scunny but the team so far looks really poor and one destined for the lower end of the table 

Oh yeh just like last season 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It’s the way the sport is nowadays ,better to pay what you can afford and stay viable.I’m sure Godfreys other business interests are what keeping Scunny open.Good Luck to them,great racetrack.

I'm very grateful the town still has speedway team to support. Rob does a grand job keeping us afloat and providing us with a competitive 'home' team.

My comment was a generalisation of all things 'Scunthorpe'. Like many Northern towns, we get treated like an Industrial outpost, a wasteland Central Government rarely takes much notice of when it comes to funding. A hard, run down town, its had its fair share of knocks over the years...but with that,  it's bred a degree of apathy...  we're expected to accept whatever you get, and we generally do.

For what its worth, I think the team Rob has put together is a big improvement on the one that started last year. I didn't get to any meetings last year, but very much looking forward to attending next.

Edited by Albert
  • Like 1

This team could surprise one or two folk, on paper it looks ordinary but you never know ,so long as there is good racing i’m not bothered, anyway it could be worse we could have signed Danny Phillips.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Its a Scunny thing... whatever the sport, whatever the issue.. its in our DNA to accept mediocrity, it'll never change.

Think it's down to finances tbh.

Got to work within a budget.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

You're happy Jakes back,, so you standing with us and Dan or back in the box?

Amongst the supporters methinks... being in the box all those years was great, but I've missed the crack of being with mates in the crowd. 

• Like 2

Rob uses the stocks.training days,amatuer meets to improve the stadium, we started out in a field and almost every year we get an improvement, and we have a great sponsor we can turn too to help out. the only downside is the PA system but im hoping if the live streams are a success that money could go into that...oh and the one in the clubhouse. too much feedback as i think the riders sit too close to the equipment. might be worth reseating them or move the amp?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Do you not think Gappmaier would of been announced by now if it was him…

Haven’t a clue to be honest.Still think it will be him,can we afford to splash more cash !!

3 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Dan is the new Chris Louis, so will not be standing with the proper fans anyway.:D

Chris Louis? got nothing on that geeza

If the stream is priced correctly I'll likely be watching them all just to follow a particular rider, downside is that I've been asked to bring my dad up to a meeting so with the stream its probably not going to happen lol

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

If the stream is priced correctly I'll likely be watching them all just to follow a particular rider, downside is that I've been asked to bring my dad up to a meeting so with the stream its probably not going to happen lol

Still come up. U won’t be disappointed