British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

11 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Happy that it looks like im going to be proved wrong… Douglas will very much be a number 1 at home  

Yeah he was so impressive last night to beat the likes of king and Wright 

Having been a supporter of Hackney and Rye House for many years (both unfortunately gone now)

Having recently moved to Lincolnshire, I was impressed with the track and met some lovely people last night.

Ryan and Terio looked good.

looking forward to coming to back and adopting Scunthorpe as my new team to watch.

I wish all the team well for the new season.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, hackneyrocket said:

Having been a supporter of Hackney and Rye House for many years (both unfortunately gone now)

Having recently moved to Lincolnshire, I was impressed with the track and met some lovely people last night.

Ryan and Terio looked good.

looking forward to coming to back and adopting Scunthorpe as my new team to watch.

I wish all the team well for the new season.

One thing for sure you will see some cracking races.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

One thing for sure you will see some cracking races.

If last night was anything to go by, I’m really looking forward to it.

On 3/31/2022 at 2:04 PM, eric i said:

According to speedway star admission has gone up £18 and £1 for a programme.

Last year £17 including programme. With 2 weeks to the start of the season, would have expected THIS year's prices on website. 

It has now been changed in these last 24 hours!

On 3/31/2022 at 2:04 PM, eric i said:

According to speedway star admission has gone up £18 and £1 for a programme.

On the website it looks like there’s no family deal either 

• Sad 1

On 4/2/2022 at 7:17 PM, Shrimmy said:

On the website it looks like there’s no family deal either 

in God you trust !

Edited by jenga

1 minute ago, jenga said:

in God you trust !

OOPS sorry

Edited by jenga

Has Rob got our team doing some laps on Friday or over the weekend as some seem to be well rusty ( Ryan Douglas is of course excused )???:D

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Has Rob got our team doing some laps on Friday or over the weekend as some seem to be well rusty ( Ryan Douglas is of course excused )???:D

Hopefully !

Dave Peet mentioned it in this weeks SS about getting some laps in as some of the lads were rusty. I think it is more to do with too many of our lads disliking technical tracks like Leicester, Edinburgh, Kent, Plymouth in which we should have organised a private practice at Leicester in March as their track is similar to ours in access at any time of the week.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Dave Peet mentioned it in this weeks SS about getting some laps in as some of the lads were rusty. I think it is more to do with too many of our lads disliking technical tracks like Leicester, Edinburgh, Kent, Plymouth in which we should have organised a private practice at Leicester in March as their track is similar to ours in access at any time of the week.

So roughly half the away tracks Scunny riders can’t ride , doesn’t bode well then, I always find it a bit strange when the Scunny side is always set up to win most home meetings and to get hammered away because it is pointless making the playoffs as they are decided on a home and away match which Scunny has no chance to win on aggregate.

• Like 1