British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Premiership race nights.

25 minutes ago, Trees said:

What do Poole people do on Thursday nights? Someone must know??

Bingo Night :rofl:

11 minutes ago, NSS1 said:

Bingo Night :rofl:

Nah, Friday is the busy night for that apparently. 

In a perfect world I would like to see the 2022 Premiership run Mondays & Wednesdays with TV meetings on Tuesdays so not to effect crowds. "Star" riders can choose between the UK or Denmark/ Sweden with the one's choosing the UK getting 2 UK meetings per week over their Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday stayover.

Championship to run Thursday, Friday & Saturday with limited doubling-up.

Division 3 or whatever you want to call it to run mainly Sundays & again restricted doubling-up.

Not likely to happen I know...... 

11 hours ago, Ghosty said:

In a perfect world I would like to see the 2022 Premiership run Mondays & Wednesdays with TV meetings on Tuesdays so not to effect crowds. "Star" riders can choose between the UK or Denmark/ Sweden with the one's choosing the UK getting 2 UK meetings per week over their Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday stayover.

Division 3 or whatever you want to call it to run mainly Sundays & again restricted doubling-up.

And not sensible options either

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Trees said:

What do Poole people do on Thursday nights? Someone must know??

I think its blue rinse night.

5 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Ooooh should interest the Peterborough riders that... 

21 hours ago, Trees said:

Denmark have always been Wednesdays .....

Initially the UK had Monday and Thursday as their allowed priority nights.. 

Due to Poland taking Sunday, (and then subsequently Friday), Sweden Tuesday, and Denmark Wednesday as you say...

The UK (due to Poole riding on Wednesday), then took Monday, Wednesday and Thursday as their TWO allotted nights...

When they seem to have trouble counting such low numbers correctly, it probably explains why the sport is in the position it is over here...

And why we cannot calculate an RS riders' average... :D

6 hours ago, Beowulf said:

That's the night we all help shine all the trophys :party:

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mikebv said:

Initially the UK had Monday and Thursday as their allowed priority nights.. 

Due to Poland taking Sunday, (and then subsequently Friday), Sweden Tuesday, and Denmark Wednesday as you say...

The UK (due to Poole riding on Wednesday), then took Monday, Wednesday and Thursday as their TWO allotted nights...

When they seem to have trouble counting such low numbers correctly, it probably explains why the sport is in the position it is over here...

And why we cannot calculate an RS riders' average... :D

To be honest the Poles run on whatever night suits them - no matter what they've agreed to prioritise - as well as insisting riders attend for practice on other non-race days. Sweden have been running Tues and Thurs for a few seasons, with Denmark Wednesdays and the occasional Fridays!!

On 10/6/2021 at 11:37 PM, Ghosty said:

In a perfect world, clubs would be running on nights that make the most economic sense for them

• Like 4

On 10/6/2021 at 11:37 PM, Ghosty said:

Sheffield will be in whatever league rides on a Thursday night, simple as that