British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Not a good side imo.

Very weak tail.

Edwards will improve his average with ease

14 hours ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Not a good side imo.

Very weak tail.

After seeing Jason Edwards a few times last season at Edinburgh and the U21 final at Berwick in 2020 i'd say that he's more than capable of upping his average to 5 points this season. Definitely one for the future.

5 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Has Jordan Stewart been shown the door is is he choosing not to return to the uk. 

He is  choosing not,   to return.

Edited by sidewinder
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Has Jordan Stewart been shown the door is is he choosing not to return to the uk. 

I think easy to underestimate how badly injured Jordan Stewart was in that crash at PB it was horiffic not unlike the one Mitchell Davey had. 

Maybe a year in some Aussie sun may be the best healer. 

Edwards is an excellent prospect as good as any of the current crop.

The respective Team Managers at Eastbourne and Plymouth last season probably wanted short term fixes and overruled their Owners at the time. Edwards improved a lot once he got substantial NDL track time at Mildenhall. 

He's one for the future and Redcar have 2 excellent and improving reserves with him and Jenkins. 

A nicely balanced side. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

After seeing Jason Edwards a few times last season at Edinburgh and the U21 final at Berwick in 2020 i'd say that he's more than capable of upping his average to 5 points this season. Definitely one for the future.

I think Jason Edwards is a good prospect & will up his average, but can't see him getting anywhere near a 5.00 ave.

18 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

On paper looks a good team, 3 good heat leaders. Two second strings who can up their averages. With 2 promising young Brits at reserve.

By my maths the teams adds up to 40.37, if that's correct it's a surprise they've decided to go 1.6 under the limit!

My math's (which are not so good) get the team much closer to the limit.

Wright 8.28

Roynon 5.08

Andersen 5.87

Kerr 7.67

Riss 7.84

Total 34.74

Leaving only 7.26 for the 2 reserves who were both rising stars last year, so its more difficulty to find their averages. Think I have seen Jordan Jenkins at 3.52. Leaving only 3.74 for Jason Edwards and I would have thought his average would be about the same as Jordan's. 

Think the team should perform well both at home and away. Adam needs to at least ride to his average to ensure he stays.

3 minutes ago, slyfox said:

My math's (which are not so good) get the team much closer to the limit.

Wright 8.28

Roynon 5.08

Andersen 5.87

Kerr 7.67

Riss 7.84

Total 34.74

Leaving only 7.26 for the 2 reserves who were both rising stars last year, so its more difficulty to find their averages. Think I have seen Jordan Jenkins at 3.52. Leaving only 3.74 for Jason Edwards and I would have thought his average would be about the same as Jordan's

Think the team should perform well both at home and away. Adam needs to at least ride to his average to ensure he stays.

Edwards wasn't a rising star for Plymouth (Bowtell was) finished with a 2.16 ave.

17 hours ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Adam is an injury prone journey man who's got no improvement left in him imo.

Rising star scheme doesn't exist in the Championship next season so it's way too risky going with two youngsters who are still inconsistent and lack experience.

Have to agree, When it comes to the play offs you need at least one reserve capable of hitting double figures especially if taking extra rides . For me to come in nearly 1.5 pts under limit leaves us weak .Also think Roynons average is over inflated  as most of decent scores were when he was at reserve.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Edwards wasn't a rising star for Plymouth (Bowtell was) finished with a 2.16 ave.

I take your point but I am confused. He was a 2* rising star for Eastbourne, not a rising star at Plymouth, then did a lot of guest appearances after he did not have a team. So which meetings do they use for his average All? Eastbourne? Plymouth? or a mixture? 

5 minutes ago, slyfox said:

I take your point but I am confused. He was a 2* rising star for Eastbourne, not a rising star at Plymouth, then did a lot of guest appearances after he did not have a team. So which meetings do they use for his average All? Eastbourne? Plymouth? or a mixture? 

He wasn't a guest for Plymouth, they signed him on a short term contract

6 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Using these figures http://www.gbspeedway.com/2021/ridercareer.php?mc1=x&mc2=a&mc3=av&mc4=x&name=Jason Edwards

I reckon his 9 Plymouth matches plus the 9 Eastbourne matches from 2019, making 40 points from 57 rides to give 2.81 (2.74 after British discount)

23 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

He wasn't a guest for Plymouth, they signed him on a short term contract

Yes realise he signed for Plymouth, but he guested for a lot of other teams towards the end of the season.

10 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Yes realise he signed for Plymouth, but he guested for a lot of other teams towards the end of the season.

being a guest is not applied to your average only league meetings ridden for your club(s).