Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

So you missed his 16 point haul at armadale in the play offs did you? Beating Craig Cook easily in heat 1 at ashfield on first ever ride? Aye the guys murder you're better rid of him. 

And 5.88 is nearly 2 points more than kelleher, so in no way are the "like for like"

I was there. He came in for someone (i've forgotten which rider) who was excluded and scored 3 in the opening heat. If memory serves me correctly he went on to score a whopping 3 points from his next 4 rides. Big deal.

12 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I meant to say 5.88. Over 8 meetings. And some meetings he barely turned up. Looked like a reserve with a good understanding of the Poole track which upped his average considerably. That's all. We'll see next season though won't we. I predict he will end up at reserve along with old man Ostergaard as Bailey is a better prospect.

Picking & choosing part of his average is not the way to win an argument.

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2021/riderperf.php?mc1=x&mc2=r&mc3=av&mc4=x&rider=Benjamin

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2021/riderperf.php?mc1=x&mc2=r&mc3=av&mc4=x&rider=Zane

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

I still believe he's overrated regardless of averages. Do you honestly believe he made a big difference to Poole's results over the course of the season? Were Poole doing badly before he turned up?

Edited by Nickinho

5 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I was there. He came in for someone (i've forgotten which rider) who was excluded and scored 3 in the opening heat. If memory serves me correctly he went on to score a whopping 3 points from his next 4 rides. Big deal.

Some fan you are was your number 1 who hit the tapes. Tell you what why don't you take Stevie out your team for Jason crump since on your mind that's "like for like".

A certain well known Poole fan on here called him a heat leader on a 5.00 average. Much as I disagree with him I'll take that over your views

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Some fan you are was your number 1 who hit the tapes. Tell you what why don't you take Stevie out your team for Jason crump since on your mind that's "like for like".

A certain well known Poole fan on here called him a heat leader on a 5.00 average. Much as I disagree with him I'll take that over your views

I'm not a Tigers fan nor a Poole fan, i travel the north of the UK taking in many meetings and my memory isn't the best. Should i remember every race i see?

And Basso is no heat leader and never will be. That Poole fan was probably on the mulled wine this Christmas.

Btw, Cook looked pretty disinterested in racing for the Tigers towards the end of the season. He didn't look the same rider and he was horrendous at Armadale in the semi-final of the play-offs. I can only forsee a mid-table finish for Glasgow in 2022 because apart from Tom Brennan the team doesn't have much (what the Yanks call) 'upside'. 

2 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I'm not a Tigers fan nor a Poole fan, i travel the north of the UK taking in many meetings and my memory isn't the best. Should i remember every race i see?

And Basso is no heat leader and never will be. That Poole fan was probably on the mulled wine this Christmas.

Btw, Cook looked pretty disinterested in racing for the Tigers towards the end of the season. He didn't look the same rider and he was horrendous at Armadale in the semi-final of the play-offs. I can only forsee a mid-table finish for Glasgow in 2022 because apart from Tom Brennan the team doesn't have much (what the Yanks call) 'upside'. 

Should do yeah, I know I do. This was in November so I doubt the mulled wine.

Craig was very ill and really shouldn't have been at armadale but were no suitable guests available. After result was confirmed he sensibly took it easy. He's had a number of issues in 2021 which I believe are resolved so expect a different Craig Cook 2022. Also confused how the top scoring rider in the play off final under performed?

Mid table? Give me a break lol. It's better side than 2021 that finished 2nd!! Not saying it's title winning but be top 4 minimum. Brennan, basso, bailey have average improvement in them. Hume, Nicol and cook should minimum maintain average and ulle may lose a point at start of season.

I'll take your view on the team along the lines of opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one. 

Just now, Jaizer said:

Mid table? Give me a break lol. It's better side than 2021 that finished 2nd!!

That might be because the starting average this season is 42.00

Just saying...

Also, how do you work out that a 41-year-old Ostergaard who is coming back from a major back injury, an unproven Basso and Danyon Hume are better are better than Wells, Nowak and Jensen (the three who finished last season who aren't still racing for the Tigers?)

2021 season ending: Cook. Nicol. Brennan. Jensen. Wells. Bailey. Nowak.

2022 season opener: Cook. Nicol. Brennan. Basso. Ostergaard. Bailey. Hume.

You're having a laugh :drink:

1 minute ago, Nickinho said:

That might be because the starting average this season is 42.00

Just saying...

Also, how do you work out that a 41-year-old Ostergaard who is coming back from a major back injury, an unproven Basso and Danyon Hume are better are better than Wells, Nowak and Jensen (the three who finished last season who aren't still racing for the Tigers?)

2021 season ending: Cook. Nicol. Brennan. Jensen. Wells. Bailey. Nowak.

2022 season opener: Cook. Nicol. Brennan. Basso. Ostergaard. Bailey. Hume.

You're having a laugh :drink:

Basso has basically same average as Sam after 8 matches that took Sam nearly 2 seasons to achieve. Ulle's average is 1.5 higher than wells would be my starting point and nowak away from home was a liability!!! Very simple.

What's 42 to do with out. Glasgows team was built to 42 for 2020 and only changed because Connor wasn't coming over. Most sides were the same and Poole actually strengthened swapping McDonald for Hume!!

Just now, Jaizer said:

Basso has basically same average as Sam after 8 matches that took Sam nearly 2 seasons to achieve. Ulle's average is 1.5 higher than wells would be my starting point and nowak away from home was a liability!!! Very simple.

What's 42 to do with out. Glasgows team was built to 42 for 2020 and only changed because Connor wasn't coming over. Most sides were the same and Poole actually strengthened swapping McDonald for Hume!!

I'm pretty sure everyone would choose Wells over Ostergaard right now, especially with Ricky's very good knowledge of the Berwick and Edinburgh tracks. Letting him go to Berwick (wether or not that was the management's decision or the rider's) will definitely come back to haunt the Tigers. Ostergaard won't be anywhere near the same rider as he was but by the time the management have figured that out it will be too late to bring someone in on his starting average. Mid-table at best.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Nickinho said:

I'm pretty sure everyone would choose Wells over Ostergaard right now, especially with Ricky's very good knowledge of the Berwick and Edinburgh tracks. Letting him go to Berwick (wether or not that was the management's decision or the rider's) will definitely come back to haunt the Tigers. Ostergaard won't be anywhere near the same rider as he was but by the time the management have figured that out it will be too late to bring someone in on his starting average. Mid-table at best.

I can assure you no Glasgow fans would have choses wells over ulle!! Let's face it after a month if he's not performing he'll be replaced not wait until it's too late as you say. Wells had 2/3 good meetings all season, one at Edinburgh. His other 2 visits I think he scored about 6 combined so aye hes magic at they tracks :blink:.

Sorry why is the Redcar link covered in stuff about Poole & Glasgow ?..

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Sorry why is the Redcar link covered in stuff about Poole & Glasgow ?..

Exactly, take the disagreement somewhere else, got nothing to do with Redcar Speedway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I still believe he's overrated regardless of averages. Do you honestly believe he made a big difference to Poole's results over the course of the season? Were Poole doing badly before he turned up?

No. What made a difference was their Top loaded heat leaders increasing by 2+, Nielsen by .5+, reserves improving & their USE OF GUESTS for riders who had not ridden for them. I can not remember this rule used before but well done Poole.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

No. What made a difference was their Top loaded heat leaders increasing by 2+, Nielsen by .5+, reserves improving & their USE OF GUESTS for riders who had not ridden for them. I can not remember this rule used before but well done Poole.

Any chance of this going back to being a Redcar thread and not a Basso fall out thread?