Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Carried 3 passengers at Birmingham last night and 1 all season. Not good enough and may miss out on the play off if a change isn't made.

James Wright?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Carried 3 passengers at Birmingham last night and 1 all season. Not good enough and may miss out on the play off if a change isn't made.

James Wright?

Got to be better than roynon 

• Like 1

Carried 2/3 passengers most matches to be fair. If one reserve steps up the other generally has an off night, and Roynon & Andersen have both been up & down, mainly down in most meetings. Saying that there is not many available riders that I would swap for what we have. Roynon must be close to being reserve next month as well which will limit changes again. 

Another question to anybody in the know. Is Adam physically fit or has the injuries finally caught up. I ask this as he seems to gate ok & in front for a couple of laps, then eventually gets caught & overtaken. Also noticed a few of his falls are later on in a race. Just wondering if his overall fitness is maybe lacking a bit. 

I’m sure some other clubs would want your ‘passengers’. Jason Edwards scored 10 last time he rode at Birmingham.

Young riders don’t perform consistently especially away and the strength of the Championship has been criticised for this reason.

1 minute ago, GWC said:

I’m sure some other clubs would want your ‘passengers’. Jason Edwards scored 10 last time he rode at Birmingham.

Young riders don’t perform consistently especially away and the strength of the Championship has been criticised for this reason.

The passengers all season is roynon and Anderson can’t fault edwards or Jenkins this season 

• Like 3

Not calling our reserves at all, just pointing out that 2/3 riders most meetings have been “off”. When they all hit together a totally different result. 

• Like 1

Another question to anybody in the know. Is Adam physically fit or has the injuries finally caught up. I ask this as he seems to gate ok & in front for a couple of laps, then eventually gets caught & overtaken. Also noticed a few of his falls are later on in a race. Just wondering if his overall fitness is maybe lacking a bit. 

He did mention that he was struggling with his fitness himself over the microphone a few weeks ago at Redcar when he fell off whilst a mile in front.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

James Wright?

I think Redcar are almost certs for the play-offs tbh. Can't see any teams out of the top 6 picking up away wins, so win at home & you're there!

I think Redcar are almost certs for the play-offs tbh. Can't see any teams out of the top 6 picking up away wins, so win at home & you're there!

I fancy Leicester, Poole, Glasgow, Plymouth, Scunthorpe and now Oxford with addition of Summers ahead of Redcar at the moment.

Redcar look a little vulnerable to me. They have a strong top 3, but need one of the second strings to step up and start performing to give them a strong top 4 like most other teams around them in the league. Only Poole for me have a similar composition and they are stronger overall with their heat leaders, and have a reserve with the potential to score bigger than Redcar.

If one of Adam or Kasper don't step up somehow, then I can see Redcar scraping into the playoffs, but going no further than that

54 minutes ago, wtf said:

Redcar look a little vulnerable to me. They have a strong top 3, but need one of the second strings to step up and start performing to give them a strong top 4 like most other teams around them in the league. Only Poole for me have a similar composition and they are stronger overall with their heat leaders, and have a reserve with the potential to score bigger than Redcar.

If one of Adam or Kasper don't step up somehow, then I can see Redcar scraping into the playoffs, but going no further than that

wouldn't be surprised if a change was made

• Like 2