British Speedway Forum

Wonder if Kasper’s absence is significant. Switching him for Starke would be a good move in my opinion. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

I fancy Leicester, Poole, Glasgow, Plymouth, Scunthorpe and now Oxford with addition of Summers ahead of Redcar at the moment.

Oxford only have one away match left to finish in a + position & overtake Redcar. Doing that would push Edinburgh into a - position. Also can't see Scunthorpe picking up many away points. Home wins should be enough for Redcar.

Edited by szkocjasid

I see Jason Edwards in mildenhall side today, I thought now he's signed for KL as rising star couldn't ride all 3 leagues anymore?

22 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I see Jason Edwards in mildenhall side today, I thought now he's signed for KL as rising star couldn't ride all 3 leagues anymore?

Apparently that rule has now been quietly dropped.

On 6/24/2022 at 11:42 AM, Boro Bare said:

Wonder if Kasper’s absence is significant. Switching him for Starke would be a good move in my opinion. 

That's nice .....

3 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Wasn't Shanes brought in for Jenkins when he was given Peterborough job? I know Leon had to give up bullets place last season when signed for wolves. Speedway, who can follow it

5 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Correct.Probably as you don’t need arising star in Championship Teams

Edited by Fromafar

27 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

We need to do the best for our youngsters, time on track and racing is good ...

2 minutes ago, Trees said:

Not doubt about it. Just querying when it changed

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trees said:

And if they get injured it means three matches need guests to replace them which helps the sport tremendously...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mikebv said:

And if they get injured it means three matches need guests to replace them which helps the sport tremendously...

I knew you wouldn't agree Mike!  So you don't think track/racing time is imperative to a rider's progression?

• Like 1

Jason is also riding in the Polish Under 24 Extra League for Grudziadz.

40 minutes ago, Trees said:

I knew you wouldn't agree Mike!  So you don't think track/racing time is imperative to a rider's progression?

Hugely, of course....

So build the infrastructure of the sport around that but keep it within a framework that delivers a credible offering...

If that is team racing then great...

If it isn't team racing then also great...

When (if) GB truly becomes a consistent force once more in the sport, it will start to get some wider recognition outside of a few mentions now and again in the mainstream press...

And hopefully, by then, (if it still exists), Team Speedway in the UK will have an operating model which will stand up to scrutiny and live off the back of the National Team's, and individual GB riders' success on the international stage...

Like it did through the 70's and early 80's....

In this example, having one rider riding for three teams, and getting injured for just one week, would mean three teams looking for guests and several meetings that week, depending on how many fixtures he was due to race in, (could be seven!), becoming somewhat contrived..

And, unfortunately, that won't get any cut through with the wider media, nor bring back the tens of thousands who still follow the sport closely but don't attend UK domestic Speedway...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Wasn't Shanes brought in for Jenkins when he was given Peterborough job? I know Leon had to give up bullets place last season when signed for wolves. Speedway, who can follow it

Shanes replaced the injured Kinsley.

Berwick could be miffed at having to drop Flint, only for rule to change after one season! Could've cost them the league title last year.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1