Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Last Friday justifies some of the comments does it not.He rides regularly at Redcar during the off season and practices.He’s certainly struggling at the moment.

7pts for the Bullets yesterday at Kent going through a dip in form

On 7/11/2022 at 2:19 PM, Fromafar said:

Last Friday justifies some of the comments does it not.He rides regularly at Redcar during the off season and practices.He’s certainly struggling at the moment.

When I saw Bickley was at number 6 I expected him to score a point in heat 2, have 2 x last places against the 1+2, 3+4 pairings, then get dropped from his last race.

So having had time to think about it, I would only have signed Bickley to ride at number 7. If Jenkins was going to remain at number 7, Roynon should have stayed in the team.

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

When I saw Bickley was at number 6 I expected him to score a point in heat 2, have 2 x last places against the 1+2, 3+4 pairings, then get dropped from his last race.

So having had time to think about it, I would only have signed Bickley to ride at number 7. If Jenkins was going to remain at number 7, Roynon should have stayed in the team.

Maybe Bickley is cheaper? The disparity of races that the 6&7 get is getting wider and there is no decent way to stop it without messing with the program or the way the team building is actually done.

Good Luck to Gavin Parr on interim team manager over the coming weeks

49 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

R/R for Charles wright tonight,is he injured or ill.

Feeling the effects of a crash he had with Thomas Jorgensen  at Belle Vue on Monday 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nassa10 said:

Bears are happy, big statement wins, did some write the side off too early?

we are getting contributions from 2 and 4 that we weren't getting previously; 1,3 and 5 will always contribute. 6 and 7 are doing what's expected generally. 

KO-Cup Semi-Final dates announced!

BY ADMIN · JULY 21, 2022

The Redcar “Agilia” Bears will come up against the Edinburgh Monarchs for a place in the KO Cup final on August 19th (Away) and 2nd September (Home).

The Bears are looking to make it to their second KO Cup final in 3 seasons after their resounding quarter final win over Berwick. Of course, this competition holds fond memories for all Redcar fans after their maiden major trophy success in 2019.

The Monarchs reached this stage of the competition with a nailbiting win over their arch rivals, Glasgow. 

Edited by Bear_Bottom

I am slightly confused,perhaps a Redcar fan could put me right,I though originally the winner of the KO cup fixture with Berwick met either Leicester or Scunny in the next round and the Edinburgh met Poole,but I see Monarchs are racing the Bears.( might be just me ).

On 7/21/2022 at 7:38 AM, Bear_Bottom said:

KO-Cup Semi-Final dates announced!

BY ADMIN · JULY 21, 2022

The Redcar “Agilia” Bears will come up against the Edinburgh Monarchs for a place in the KO Cup final on August 19th (Away) and 2nd September (Home).

The Bears are looking to make it to their second KO Cup final in 3 seasons after their resounding quarter final win over Berwick. Of course, this competition holds fond memories for all Redcar fans after their maiden major trophy success in 2019.

The Monarchs reached this stage of the competition with a nailbiting win over their arch rivals, Glasgow. 

Was that always the Cup draw?

8 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

yes

Thanks.I had a debate a few weeks ago(think it was with G Dodds on dirt x tra).He said we would meet Edinburgh when we knocked out Redcar!!! .I had checked on the BSPA website and the beginning of the season it had the full draw,it looked like the winners of our tie would meet Leicester or Scunny.That  draw is not on Website now.At the time G Dodds agreed with me.Obviously I misread it.

17 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Thanks.I had a debate a few weeks ago(think it was with G Dodds on dirt x tra).He said we would meet Edinburgh when we knocked out Redcar!!! .I had checked on the BSPA website and the beginning of the season it had the full draw,it looked like the winners of our tie would meet Leicester or Scunny.That  draw is not on Website now.At the time G Dodds agreed with me.Obviously I misread it.

when were we ever knocking Redcar out hahaha

• Haha 1