British Speedway Forum

A year of high quality entertainment at the MPA and still at least one more fixture to go home and away. Who would you like to see at Redcar next season?

For me it's the following AGM permitting

Wright

K.Andersen

MPT/Kerr

Stefan Nielsen/Jordan Stewart

Riss

Jenkins

Kemp/Sarj

Edited by Nassa10
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Nassa10 said:

A year of high quality entertainment at the MPA and still at least one more fixture to go home and away. Who would you like to see at Redcar next season?

Wright

K.Andersen

MPT/Kerr

Riss

Jenkins

Kemp/Sarj

Like that line up. Would prefer Kemp to Sarj on current form. I to think the averages will be slashed to make more of a difference between the leagues. That is if we have 2 top leagues next year.

Plus will need to see what the Rising star rules are next year.

21 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Like that line up. Would prefer Kemp to Sarj on current form. I to think the averages will be slashed to make more of a difference between the leagues. That is if we have 2 top leagues next year.

Supposedly need 2 RS adding up to 4*s next season but tbh I don't think the riders are available to make that feasible

25 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Trouble is IMO if they want Teams to move up from the Championship the riders who already double up will have to find a new in the Championship Team which isn’t going to happen

16 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Supposedly need 2 RS adding up to 4*s next season but tbh I don't think the riders are available to make that feasible

Changing your tune, now, or hearing differing snippets of gossip or just guessing.

Here is what you said on Monday in the Scorpions 20220 thread

"I have a suspicion re rising start that might be extended to 5*. And maybe each CH team has to have 2 who can add up to no more than say 7. So maybe flint and Brennan for example become 5* and if wish to have them as such have to use a Crang or a Blair as other reserve? 

It's just a theory but think would encourage teams to use British riders as on potentially lower averages and doesn't make sense for riders to only be in RS system for only 1 year. Josh bates excluded!!!!

6 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Changing your tune, now, or hearing differing snippets of gossip or just guessing.

Here is what you said on Monday in the Scorpions 20220 thread

"I have a suspicion re rising start that might be extended to 5*. And maybe each CH team has to have 2 who can add up to no more than say 7. So maybe flint and Brennan for example become 5* and if wish to have them as such have to use a Crang or a Blair as other reserve? 

It's just a theory but think would encourage teams to use British riders as on potentially lower averages and doesn't make sense for riders to only be in RS system for only 1 year. Josh bates excluded!!!!

Yeah I know what I said. I said it because I don't believe the riders are available at 2 and 1 star to make it feasible.

If look at riders who would be above 3* now you're looking at losing flint, palin, kemp Jenkins, bowtel Hume and Bailey. From this season's national League who are there even to replace those riders let alone fact we need double the riders in RS positions we need this season.

Hence why believe need to find a system that keeps the better young riders in the system but keeping the above named as 3* or below is also unrealistic

On 10/6/2021 at 10:01 AM, Nassa10 said:

Wright

K.Andersen

MPT/Kerr

Riss

Jenkins

Kemp/Sarj

Riss would be the last choice of rider that I'd want in my team!

I can't see why you are putting Palin in the same category as Flint, Kemp, Hume & Bailey as hr has only had 1 years experience at the top leagues so I would have him as a 2* as he still has a lot to learn & is averaging about 3.5 away. Even D Thompson is doing better than Palin.

The system was flawed as nothing was mentioned about what would happen to the rider the following years whether then had a good, average or poor season reaching a certain limit. Also, having Bates in there on a 4* after 6 years as a racer is not what it was intended for, in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

I can't see why you are putting Palin in the same category as Flint, Kemp, Hume & Bailey as hr has only had 1 years experience at the top leagues so I would have him as a 2* as he still has a lot to learn & is averaging about 3.5 away. Even D Thompson is doing better than Palin.

The system was flawed as nothing was mentioned about what would happen to the rider the following years whether then had a good, average or poor season reaching a certain limit. Also, having Bates in there on a 4* after 6 years as a racer is not what it was intended for, in my opinion. 

Going by current averages. Wouldn't say it's right for a rider averaging over 5 to essentially take up 2 points for team building purposes. I guess it all depends how they recategorise them after this season, but based on last season's classifications they would be out of 3* grading. Again it's purely guess work and I think whole system should be binned.

• Like 1

This is where you could be right in having a "maximum total" for the Rising Stars, say 7 in Prem & 5 in Champ & again it is how they (Vatcher? not BSP Ltd/SCB) re-catagorise them in 2022.

The "Draft System" in the Premiership was wrong as it was a step too soon for the youngsters, but this system seems better & would work in most people eyes if it was explained in print more clearly rather than kept in secret (averages seems to be a major point that is brought up).

• Like 1

Rising Star just another badly though out idea with no real purpose apart from complicating the rule book.This idea of the not having an average just proves it.It will have to continue in same format next season.When do you not become a rising star,maybe when you reach the GP’’s:rolleyes:

I am just wary of Bates still being in the system but having a lower rating next year as he was injured this year & not having the opportunity to improve. (We know who he is related too. B)B))

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

think when you hold your own in the top league you’re above a 2* rider