British Speedway Forum

Erik Riss will be riding for Redcar in 2022. :t:

So it’s the Redcar team reveal tonight. 

Do we expect any surprise names? Top 3 seemed pretty nailed on but then rumours of TJ. Who will be second reserve? Will Jordan Stewart be back? 

45 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

So it’s the Redcar team reveal tonight. 

Do we expect any surprise names? Top 3 seemed pretty nailed on but then rumours of TJ. Who will be second reserve? Will Jordan Stewart be back? 

There will be some surprises (pleasant), in the second string and reserve departments.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

What time is the team being announced?

The party starts at 7pm, so any time from then, throughout the evening.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

There will be some surprises (pleasant), in the second string and reserve departments.

I knew you would be “in the know”

Hopefully you are right.

As our nearest and dearest, I'd love to see the Bears put out a very strong line up for next year. Always nice to have strong next door neighbours :D Probably way off reality, but this would be a cool line up to see

Redcar Bears Avg.
1 Charles Wright 8.28
2 Kasper Andersen 5.87
3 Erik Riss 7.84
4 James Sarjeant 4.16
5 Lewis Kerr 7.67
6 Norick Blodorn 4.00
7 Jordan Jenkins 3.70
  Total: 41.52
  Remaining: 0.48

I know James Sarjeant at 4 seems pretty terrible, but I'm thinking if him and Norick swap after the first set of averages come out, Norick and Erik would be a brilliant 3 and 4. Lewis is a decent number 5, Charles is a very strong number 1 and Kasper would be the best number 2 in the league by a mile.

If the Tommy Jorgensen rumours are true (and I hope they are) then possibly

Redcar Bears Avg.
Charles Wright 8.28
Jack Thomas 5.15
Kasper Andersen 5.87
Thomas Jorgensen 7.28
Lewis Kerr 7.67
Norick Blodorn 4.00
Jordan Jenkins 3.70

Or Adam Roynon rather than Jack Thomas? Probably miles off but either way, I'm excited to see the team tonight :t:

Blodorn has ridden in the Elitserien, wouldn't that make him a 5 assessed ave in the Championship?

36 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Blodorn has ridden in the Elitserien, wouldn't that make him a 5 assessed ave in the Championship?

Yes he should come in on a 5 average. So the above team on that basis would not work.

Thanks for the info... This instead then?

Redcar Bears Avg.
1 Charles Wright 8.28
2 Kasper Andersen 5.87
3 Erik Riss 7.84
4 Norick Blodorn 5.00
5 Thomas Jorgensen 7.28
6 Dillon Ruml 4.00
7 Jordan Jenkins 3.70

First rider announced as Jason Edwards.

Unexpected, but impressed last year on his rides around the MPA, particularly in the U21 meeting.

Roynon (surprising) and Kasper Andersen the next two.

Kerr and Riss the last 2.

Edited by Yearbyred

12 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

First rider announced as Jason Edwards.

Unexpected, but impressed last year on his rides around the MPA, particularly in the U21 meeting.

Roynon (surprising) and Kasper Andersen the next two.

Edwards is a top talent. Was unlucky to get released from both Eastbourne and Plymout last season. Another rider we were hoping to have back at Armadale.

• Like 1

Happy Kasper is back. When Roynon was named I had a feeling Poole or Glasgow might have nabbed him. No Jordy though, I wonder what the story is there, Or where he might be going?

Right having had time to think about the team, I expected 5 of the 7. Riss will hopefully have a better year back at Redcar and Kerr was a no brainer after the way he rode for us last year.

Pleased to see Kasper back, excellent around Redcar and seems to be improving.

Edwards, like I said on the earlier post, impressed me on his visits in the U21 and Julie Lewis meeting and will hopefully up his average.

Surprise is Roynon, can be good on his day but always a worry about his style and ability to stay fit. We shall see.

Should be competitive at home, not sure we will be one of the strongest teams on the road but a solid team that will entertain us I’m sure.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

Looks more balanced than team finished season with. Jenkins and Edwards impressed me when I saw them, might find it more difficult at reserve this season as most teams have strengthened there. 

Roynon be my one concern but if anyone due bit of luck in British speedway it's him!!