British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -V- Sheffield POSF 2nd leg

So we take a 10 point lead. But not taking anything for granted. Its only thr half way stage and as we all know. We are better away than at home so there is a chance of hope for Sheffield. 

R/R did OK at Sheffield but they were in tough conditions so wont be as affective tomorrow so I'd prefer cook in. But I'm sure they will stick with R/R

Weather looks good for tomorrow so all systems go. 

May the best team qualify

Yep we cant take anything for granted, especially as we have struggled to impose ourselves on opponents at home except for a couple of occasions, we certainly seem more convincing away. I would expect Holder to score well, Ellis will certainly be better than he was at Owlerton, if the real Batchelor shows up Sheffield could have a good go at this. Ten points seems a good lead but Sheffield bang in a couple of early heat wins 5-1 and a 4-2 and its game on. Should be a good meeting as im sure Tigers will be giving it a good go, and they turned around ten points at Peterborough.

2 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Sheffield bottled it already.

Repeat scoreline from a few weeks ago. 

Kurtz only averages 8/9 points at Home so BV will be able to cover that no problem 

Sheffield hav nt bottled it Sheffield are not good enough end of .we got into the playoffs via 4th place we ve had a poor season carrying Batchelor and Nielsen getting injured . Has I understand it to bottle it you have to be favourite s and throw it away .

in my eyes i make Peterborough the favourites they’ve been the best side all season that s why they finished top and should be champions 

• Like 1

Belle Vue ‘BikeRight’ Aces: Dan Bewley 9.14, Richie Worrall 5.51, Steve Worrall (C) 6.09, Charles Wright 6.07, Brady Kurtz 7.35 R/R, Tom Brennan 4*, Jye Etheridge 5.22; TM: Mark Lemon

Sheffield ‘TruPlant’ Tigers: Jack Holder 8.68, Troy Batchelor 5.57, Kyle Howarth (C) 6.19, Josh Pickering 7.06, Adam Ellis 8.12, Danyon Hume 3*, Connor Mountain (G) 3.00; TM: Simon Stead 

Glad the Aces have gone with RR...

The sport is Mickey Mouse enough as it is without a Semi Final being influenced 'for one night only' by someone from a team that failed to qualify..

You should win or lose as a team...

Incredible to believe I know...

But bad luck and injuries affect other sports too....

Not just (UK) Speedway...  :o :rolleyes:

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Glad the Aces have gone with RR...

The sport is Mickey Mouse enough as it is without a Semi Final being influenced 'for one night only' by someone from a team that failed to qualify..

You should win or lose as a team...

Incredible to believe I know...

But bad luck and injuries affect other sports too....

Not just (UK) Speedway...  :o :rolleyes:

When you can only pick from two teams, it becomes farcical and an extremely limited choice.

Whatever the outcome, RR is the right choice for me

1 minute ago, KIRKYLANE said:

When you can only pick from two teams, it becomes farcical and an extremely limited choice.

Whatever the outcome, RR is the right choice for me

Agreed, when the best we can manage is Lewis Kerr to replace are Number 1 (no offense to Lewis Kerr, sure he will try hard) then you know something is wrong.....

anyone know exactly what brady's injury is ? we all seen the rider/bike hit his back so i presume it's a back injury ? will he be fit for the final if we qaulify ???

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

I'd have moved R/R to number 2 personally. 

Out of interest who would you put at 5? 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Out of interest who would you put at 5? 

Hmm probably Steve Worrall on current form.

• Like 1

Belle Vue fans. You are 10 up after walking the first leg at Sheffield. To lose from here would be unthinkable. Have more faith in your team. You are in the final against Peterborough.

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Belle Vue fans. You are 10 up after walking the first leg at Sheffield. To lose from here would be unthinkable. Have more faith in your team. You are in the final against Peterborough.

correct and going to take apart whoever in the final :t::party:

8 minutes ago, NSS1 said:

correct and going to take apart whoever in the final :t::party:

And you say the Holder's are arrogant!! lol