British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Special dispensation = Ryan Douglas

No chance. If there was BV would have him instead of Kurtz 

45 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Need to keep Chris Louis as the regular pundit as well by the way. Far better than anyone else. 

Best out there by a mile but usually tied up elsewhere I think on TV nights

• Like 1

Strange meeting..brilliant racing..weirdly I think Andersen crashing out actually strengthened Peterborough as the other riders were probably going better than him or he has been going at number 3….Aces should have really kicked on from 8 ahead but fair play to Peterborough …Palin has now had 2 excellent meetings at Belle Vue and Nicholls got about 10 more than I expected which was the big difference ..I am also not sure about the order Aces rode their riders in the rider replacement rides as I might have re jigged that a bit …but whatever, as a spectacle it was a great advert for speedway.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Had a broken collarbone.Hasn't rode for a while now,would be a too big of a risk even if he was fit having not rode for a while.

Just checked and it's only been 5 weeks since Lawson bust his collarbone

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I would rather Andersen rode on Wednesday. Never great around Poole and a guest might score more.

Thanks Steve... you are soooooooooo predictable....

At 9:15 I text my mate:- "Wait for Shovlar to say that Leicester will be stronger if Andersen is ruled out!"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

The Poles will be jealous :D

They will. 

Proud as that we can still do speedway like that in the UK. It was edge of your seat stuff, and I’d defy anyone who was there tonight, who has never been to a live speedway meeting, to tell me that wasn’t brilliant entertainment. 

Well what a sensational meeting that was, unbelievable stuff.  I said on twitter I'd be happy with a 2 point win, but being 10 up with 4 races to go it's definitely a deflating result.  I still think the Aces can do it, we have an excellent record at EOEA, and although past results don't mean too much in a play off final, it does help that we like it there.   The decisions by both teams on who replaces the injured riders could be vital.   

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Did you go?

I did and have the video as well which proves there were only about three exciting races. I could never understand why some think it was a brilliant World Final. It was just the atmosphere that made it seem better than it actually was. Tonight's match sounds amazing though judging by all the comments and I am looking forward to watching it on Quest tomorrow. 

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, acef said:

Cracker of a meeting was that. 

No clue how it will go, don’t really care, I’m just glad we can still produce speedway at that level, in this country.

It was a brilliant meeting.Just goes to show you don't always need top riders to make a great meeting,you just need a great race track,and the NSS produced again last night.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Special dispensation = Ryan Douglas

Or Pickering