British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

Just now, old bob at herne bay said:

Is Robert Lambert available ?  .... he's part of the  Chapman stable.  Assume he will be over here by Thursday to ride in the SON.

Would be amazing for British Speedway to see Lambert back.

21 minutes ago, CatAndy said:

I saw last night's fantastic meeting in person at the stadium, thanks.

Well you could go to Peterborough Thursday and watch it in person and save worrying about a free illegal stream. 

2 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Is Robert Lambert available ?  .... he's part of the  Chapman stable.  Assume he will be over here by Thursday to ride in the SON.

Only if we can have Max Fricke riding instead of Kurtz.

24 minutes ago, CatAndy said:

I saw last night's fantastic meeting in person at the stadium, thanks.

I watched it on my paid for legal stream on Eurosport player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ABS said:

Only if we can have Max Fricke riding instead of Kurtz.

Serious question though - can riders not riding in Britain but with a British average actually guest? They aren't in any other play off team? 

1 minute ago, Noodles said:

Serious question though - can riders not riding in Britain but with a British average actually guest? They aren't in any other play off team? 

Would doubt it. Worse still, Max is a Belle Vue asset.

The fact that we are still in this speaks volumes..we lost our top man Ully who was in the form of his life and still carried on then we lost our recent top man MPT in his first heat in the semi, then we lose Hans in his first heat in the final...and we are still in this...what an effort from this team this year...we really deserve this title imo..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagle77 said:

It's a shame the season has to end this way... specially as the first leg was so good...

But if Belle Vue win it will be said it was only because Peterbro were weakened by injury.

And if the rules are bent to allow Peterbro a decent guest it will be said they cheated their way to victory.

The only results that wouldn't be open to question is if Peterbro win it with their 5 fit(ish) riders, R/R, and a guest from Lynn or Ippo who isn't Lewis Kerr... and with Craig Cook seemingly not an option, there's not a hell of a lot to choose from... or if Peterbro are allowed a good guest but Belle Vue beat them anyway... 

I think it's unlikely but I hope one of those happen... just so it can't be claimed that the winners have done it by default.

Why is Cook not an option?

48 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

The fact that we are still in this speaks volumes..we lost our top man Ully who was in the form of his life and still carried on then we lost our recent top man MPT in his first heat in the semi, then we lose Hans in his first heat in the final...and we are still in this...what an effort from this team this year...we really deserve this title imo..

I just hope that the tactical nous of Rob Lyon  can find a way round the hole we have found ourselves in. I think that largely due to Rob Lyon and Dale Allit  this has been my most enjoyable Panthers season. I believe that they deserve to win. 

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Why is Cook not an option?

I think he fell out with Kings Lynn promotion as he was sacked quite early in the season so if they got him to guest it is likely he wouldn't try very hard.

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think he fell out with Kings Lynn promotion as he was sacked quite early in the season so if they got him to guest it is likely he wouldn't try very hard.

Well he has guested for Lynn since then and did try hard so I'd suggest you're incorrect. There is obviously a reason though, wonder which party is reluctant and why.

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Well he has guested for Lynn since then and did try hard so I'd suggest you're incorrect. There is obviously a reason though, wonder which party is reluctant and why.

Oh ok well i don't really know just guessing. There does seem to be a problem somewhere. Someone suggested he asked for money up front to ride maybe they just don't trust him. He is ex Belle Vue maybe that is the worry.

Edited by foreverblue