Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

48 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Is Robert Lambert available ?  .... he's part of the  Chapman stable.  Assume he will be over here by Thursday to ride in the SON.

Robert for Peterborough and Woffy for the Aces...

Bring it on.... :D

If Peterborough want to get a rule change then this is their best chance with having the Aces as their opponents. 

We don’t though, want to see a farce of a result. One year the best team lost as the worst team we’re allowed to double up some of their scores (I kid you not). There was a big outcry at the time but this was drowned out by the winning club celebrating. I believe Nero made a complaint under copyright infringement. 

5 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

8 day rule for a rider guesting :  does it actually  apply if the rider is guesting for two different riders 

The 8 day rule applies to the track not the riders they are guesting for.

53 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

The fact that we are still in this speaks volumes..we lost our top man Ully who was in the form of his life and still carried on then we lost our recent top man MPT in his first heat in the semi, then we lose Hans in his first heat in the final...and we are still in this...what an effort from this team this year...we really deserve this title imo..

In years gone by when riders like Ulrich have upped their average whilst at reserve they are  jettisoned the following season as  the opinion is the average is over inflated and not a true representation of their ability. I’m just glad the fans believe Ulrich is worth his 7 and that they will be demanding his return as heat leader next year. Well done to you all. 

• Like 1

Dont see any danger of that...I'm sure Ulrich will be back next season. I mean how many 6-7pt average riders are there now.. lots!...there doesn't seem to be the stand out 10pt average guys around now in the British league anymore..maybe Bewley next season and then he will probably do what the rest of them did...

40 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Robert for Peterborough and Woffy for the Aces...

Bring it on.... :D

I would fancy Robert to beat Tai at Peterborough.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Well you could go to Peterborough Thursday and watch it in person and save worrying about a free illegal stream. 

Why I'm not going to Peterborough on Thursday is none of your business so kindly keep your nose out.

29 minutes ago, TINYS said:

The 8 day rule applies to the track not the riders they are guesting for.

Apart from guesting for a number 1. 

2 minutes ago, CatAndy said:

Why I'm not going to Peterborough on Thursday is none of your business so kindly keep your nose out.

Is it because you don't want to leave your cats at home alone?

1 minute ago, chrismorton said:

Is it because you don't want to leave your cats at home alone?

Ha ha! You've found me out! 

3 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Why is there a cut-off for signing riders? Riders don't stop getting injured after the cut-off.

Panthers should be allowed to bring in Woffinden (7.03). Imagine how good it would be for speedway to see Woffinden in the final. It would be in the best interests of the sport.

Why   Don't want him like he doesn't want British speedway. Best interest  of the sport if he stays away for good

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Has it been confirmed anywhere that Hans is definitely out on Thursday ?

Yes, Leicester announced on Facebook he out for 9 days with concussion

25 minutes ago, CatAndy said:

Just a suggestion. I didn't ask why you were not going . 

• Like 1