British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

Hans insta story seems to suggest he could be riding Thursday 

Hans put on Instagram, ‘Last Nights get off was a big one but luckily apart from a bruised body, minor broken bits on the bike all good’ ‘A few days rest will do me good so we can take on Belle Vue Aces Thursday for 2nd leg of the finals’

4 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Hans put on Instagram, ‘Last Nights get off was a big one but luckily apart from a bruised body, minor broken bits on the bike all good’ ‘A few days rest will do me good so we can take on Belle Vue Aces Thursday for 2nd leg of the finals’

I really think it not unreasonable to expect some information from the bosses!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Panthers must have got a 2nd opinion from a respected doctor.

If he as got concussion he can not ride for 9 days

Edited by Trackerman48
Missed some words
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

If he as got concussion he can not ride for 9 days

Yes but apart from the Leicester website nowhere else has it been said he got concussion 

20 hours ago, Flappy said:

The romantic in me sees Jason Crump rolling back the years to win the title. Wishful thinking I know 

I would probably consider Barker - if he’s up for it he can ride the SHOWGROUND very well.  

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but apart from the Leicester website nowhere else has it been said he got concussion 

But surely they would know from an official source - they aren't just guessing? 

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

But surely Leicester would have got that from Hans??! 

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It was announced in stadium he had withdrawn from meeting with concussion. That comes from the clerk of the course via the referee.

If he rides then speedway are not taking head injuries seriously as he was clearly knocked out. 

Just now, Rob B said:

It was announced in stadium he had withdrawn from meeting with concussion. That comes from the clerk of the course via the referee.

Maybe Hans doesn't know about the nine day rule? Is that a standard ruling in every country or is it different?

24 minutes ago, Rob B said:

If he rides then speedway are not taking head injuries seriously as he was clearly knocked out. 

I watched a boxing match last Saturday and both fighters were knocking lumps out of each other. They weren't wearing a helmet.

Speedway is becoming too soft. Hans had a helmet on and is fine.

Woke doctors need to stay out of our sport.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

I watched a boxing match last Saturday and both fighters were knocking lumps out of each other. They weren't wearing a helmet.

Speedway is becoming too soft. Hans had a helmet on and is fine.

Woke doctors need to stay out of our sport.

Sorry but his health is more important than a league title.

It seems to me that Hans is denying he had concussion and it was only cuts and bruises, the medics on the night and the referee will know the true story so it should be in the referees report.